No Smoking Day
2,568 members31,305 posts

What a result! I'm posting in week 2 thread

So pleased!

Both Emmy (OH) and I are really happy with our quit so far.

Though not easy, the moments of despair are becoming less and the improved health is clear

I never thought I could quit for 1 single day, so I feel like I've climbed Everest.

Still a long way to go but I'm determined.

Keep strong & healthy all

Love this forum!:D

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Approaching week two and fast!!!

Well done Andy and Emmy

Such an achievement. Thank God here for the forum as Ive also felt too that its

been a great help.

I'll be a few hours behind yous (8 1/2 hours to be exact lol - as quit at 9pm last Sunday). Nice to be able to see with short term goals you've both made it into the next step (Week two forum)

Just imagining, I like the idea of stepping through a mirror and leaving the old image behind. What a nice thought.

Paula

Breathe Free and stay safe

Many congratulations to you both Andy. :D

I do think you two are brave, to quit together. On the one hand, it's good to have some mutual moral support and be in it in tandem but on the other, I can imagine there must be times when you want to kill each other aren't there? :)

Many congratulations to you both Andy. :D

I do think you two are brave, to quit together. On the one hand, it's good to have some mutual moral support and be in it in tandem but on the other, I can imagine there must be times when you want to kill each other aren't there? :)

Oh yes.....behind the scenes we're pushing each other to the absolute limit.......but we make up shortly after with a haribo jelly sweet (stolen from the kids)as a peace offering. A bit like smoking the peace pipe, only without the pipe or the smoke

No idea how much i will weigh in 6 months time with all these sweets :p

Thanks as always to you all for your support.....you're the best and soooooo helpful!

Well Done!!!

Hi and congratulations to you both x. This site was invaluable to me in the early days and I have been smoke free since April 2013! Max and Kat were particularly helpful and encouraging ...:):):)

Hi Andy, Such a great positive post, doing very very well, yes you should be be proud, it's a great achievement...

Very well done to you both just keep going:cool:

Great to read that you are doing so well Andy. :)

You may also like...