Question for other NRT users

Hiya, this probably sounds totally bizarre but here's the place to ask!!

Anyway, I'm on patches (step 1 Niquitin clear) which I take off at night and alsu use low strength (2mg) gum - know I was a proper human chimney so on it's own that would be too weak but don't want to run the risk of overdosing on nicotine!!

What i wonder is, that when I crave and have some gum, I feel a bit lower than when I don't - like sitting through the crave feels better than taking on more nicotine. Is this normal, or am I totally off my rocker?

Just wondering if the extra nicotine is suppressing my natural bounciness perhaps?

Hope that makes some sense!!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Gemma

I think you may be off your rocker;)

when my wife gave up she became

crazy for a week or two.;)

Im using patches and an inhaler my

wite used lozenges, i was having a bad day

and took one of them it made me feel sick instantly

So yes I do think you can od on nicotine.

• Hi Gemma

I think you may be off your rocker;)

when my wife gave up she became

crazy for a week or two.;)

Im using patches and an inhaler my

wite used lozenges, i was having a bad day

and took one of them it made me feel sick instantly

So yes I do think you can od on nicotine.

Lol well it's quite possible!!

It's an odd feeling though, not like feeling sick when I've smoked too many - just not so positive

• Yeah I know what you mean, I do think that nicotine has some nasty consequences on the body, at the end of the day it's a poison :o

That's true!!

It's a pesticide *eeeeekkkkkk* so it can't be exactly healthy!!

• I was just going to say at least you won't attract greenfly, Gemma :D

• Oooh, that reminds me, Gran used to put her fag ends (she smoked straights) in a bottle with some water, leave it til it changed colour and then fill a garden spray bottle with it and spray her roses - I think it was supposed to get rid of greenfly!:eek:

Oooh heck!!

Either it killed them or the smell made them feel so icky they left willingly :p

I was just going to say at least you won't attract greenfly, Gemma :D

Lol, well there's definitely no flies on me :p :D

• Shocking isn't it :eek:

It's one of the things they use nicotine for, zapping flying pests - back when I had an e-cig I probably had enough liquid nicotine to off half of Cornwall :eek:

Oooh and that had more health warnngs on it than real fags :confused::confused::confused:

You may also like...