Day one (again)

I smoked from the age of 13 till I was 27. Six years ago, I quit. The first week was tough but then I had a sudden awakening and I was fine from there on out.

During those six years I never missed it but I did continue to smoke other (tobacco free) artefacts. So, while I'd gotten over the addiction to cigarettes, smoking was still in my life.

In November last year, a combination of some bad news and some new experiences triggered me to start again. I've stopped the other artefacts entirely but have been smoking rollies again for about 6 months now and the addiction has taken me under its dark wing once more.

But I'm stopping again as of right now. I will not be a slave.

Wish me luck.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I smoked from the age of 13 till I was 27. Six years ago, I quit. The first week was tough but then I had a sudden awakening and I was fine from there on out.

During those six years I never missed it but I did continue to smoke other (tobacco free) artefacts. So, while I'd gotten over the addiction to cigarettes, smoking was still in my life.

In November last year, a combination of some bad news and some new experiences triggered me to start again. I've stopped the other artefacts entirely but have been smoking rollies again for about 6 months now and the addiction has taken me under its dark wing once more.

But I'm stopping again as of right now. I will not be a slave.

Wish me luck.

It doesn't sound like you need luck Chimp, you've obviously sorted it in your head and you seem raring to go!! :D

Well done on chucking out all of the smoking related stuff. I'm sure this time it will make a huge difference if all that is out of your life from the start!

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Feel free to post anytime! :rolleyes:

• Good luck!

I have vaping machines. But I know if I use them without tobacco oils then I'll just be enabling that feeling of "smoking" and would be more likely to go back to them. I quit too a long time ago (but not for six year wow!!!). I lost my BFF's dog and the dog didn't come back for 3 days. But in the meantime I started smoking again. Like a chimney.

I sold one of my vaping machines and bought a gentle leader for my young dog Arty (he likes to pull a little so we're retraining)! Think of all the things you want, little things. Buy one each week as a reward. I got two this week (because I sold the vape), a jumper and the gentle leader.

If you've done it once, I have faith you can do it again, and remember we're here if you need us!

• welcome to the forum Chimp, congratulations on giving up other 'artefacts', i would imagine that you will find it easier with no forms of smoking at all. I look forward to hearing of your progress.

• Welcome Chimp

I've only been here a few days, but have already learnt how welcoming and helpfully everybody here is.

So my only advice would be to come here often.

Chris

You may also like...