Newbie seeking advice(chest flutter)

Hi all

I gave up and I'm on week 6 now using patches

Doing really well and putting my fag money away every day to treat myself

I've actually lost a little weight as I'm not eating loads and my diet is quite healthy anyway

One thing I've noticed is I'm getting a fluttering sensation in the centre of my chest(no pain)

Not sure if it's wind-related or what.

Anyone else experienced this? I never had it before I quit

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi all

I've actually lost a little weight as I'm not eating loads and my diet is quite healthy anyway

One thing I've noticed is I'm getting a fluttering sensation in the centre of my chest(no pain)

Well done on your quit jimbro, Im also putting the money away

could it be palpitations? or the tar moving, have you had a cold recently?

• Hi all

I've had that and put it down to a physical reaction to a crave.

I don't get it all the time but do notice it when I have a crave or just think about smoking.

• I've actually got a cold just now(man-flu really)

I wondered about wind related as it seems to be in the area of where I think the gullet is

• I've actually got a cold just now(man-flu really)

I wondered about wind related as it seems to be in the area of where I think the gullet is

oh also as capitan said could be your body reactin, i been reading on what actually makes us so windy when quiting and your intestines crave shocking what we actually do to our body at a rather expensive price.

Goodluck ith man flu(Heard its horrible :rolleyes: ) and carry on being smokefree

• I used to get the same thing when really stressed, if it continues go to the quack, any arm numbness or jaw pain then your toast. :o

• I got it when I used full strength patches on my previous quits. I don't think my body could take that amount of nicotine. I stepped down and was fine after...I'd go to ur G.P. It may be totally unrelated to quitting and a quick listen to ur chest will set ur worries to rest. Stressing over it will make it worse so try and chillax.

Hope it resolves itself.

Lisa xx

• Went to see my GP this morning.

She says it's a missed beat and may be caused by nicotine OD

I was on the 24hr patches as I work nights and, on my 1st shift, I can be awake from 0800-0730 the following day

She's advised dropping to 16hr patches and see how it goes.

It's definitely quit-related as I never had it before I quit so I'm not too concerned but I'll keep an eye on it

Thanks for all the advice

You may also like...