Passive smoking

Hey guys,

the other day I was on my way to the shops and just outside was one of the employees having a fag break... Most of the time I don't even notice smokers now, they aren't even on my radar... HOWEVER, this bloke blew his smoke out just as I was walking past, so I ended up with a mouthful it...

First thing that entered my head as soon as I realised I had breathed it in was " mmmmm".. this was replaced by, ewwwwwww when my taste receptors kicked in...

the thing that bothered me was that the initital reaction was a positive one, for a split second I even considers getting a pack....

Very glad I didn't though

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • the thing that bothered me was that the initital reaction was a positive one, for a split second I even considers getting a pack....

Very glad I didn't though

Don't be bothered by it - it's just a distant memory kicking in. The fact that it passed so quickly is the part to focus on here :D

Congratulations - you're free of it. Make sure you stay that way.

• Hi Vicki :D

This was simply a memory trigger for you, but it only lasted a short while and you ignored it after the initial reaction well done

Love

Marg xxxxxxx

• You quit December 16th? That is really great! Over 5 months.... you have really done it! Nice :) I get those moments, too..... I smell a fag and I start looking where it comes from..... like I want to just have a little taste of it and then wham..... yuck :eek: funny..... I think I may be over it! Still have those moments though as well! I don't worry about it! Nice going, Vicki!!!

• There are points of temptation from time to time but the important thing is that you don't concluded the deal with the devil! I.e. you don't end up placing a cig in your mouth lighting it inhaling....

Don't worry about it, I've been there, I think most of us have. I do feel that I've somehow been cheated into exposing myself to nicotine again when I get a lungful of other peoples smoke, and hate it, and the smell of a freshly lit cig still sparks nostalgic seemingly pleasant feelings. However, I know that is due to ingrained associations with pleasure that I built up over the years of smoking rather than it actually being a pleasurable experience of itself.

Cheers

Nic

• thanks guys... I kinda realised it was associations , but it really threw me for a day or so... the first hit feeling when you breath in smoke it so delicious...

it did taste foul though :D

If I had voluntarily ( cant spell) taken a drag, You'd have been screwed... thank god it was passively done!

• Had my first REAL willpower test last night... went to a firends house and her BF was smoking... it smelt lovely, but despite being tempted I didn't cave...

• Hi Vicki :D

Well done for not caving although tempted at your friends, that another trigger out of the way

Love

Marg xxxxxxxxx

You may also like...