Day 11, and offshore working

Hi all,

Great place to find, with some terrific encouragement and advice!

Well, here I am on quit day 11. Using Champix, which to be honest I`m finding brilliant. Have previously tried everything without success.

I work overseas and offshore, and have spent the past week on an offshore oil platform (with a great deal of hardened smoker friends I might add!! :()

I have such immense swings throughout the day, and the cravings come and go with severe intensity. Managed to hold firm so far! :)

Sleep pattern also disrupted, as I`ve been getting about three hours after work, then waking and being unable to get back over for about three hours. Resorted to watching the entire Season 3 of my fave program The OC on DVD in order to take my mind off the temptation of nipping downstairs for a quick ciggie... and it`s working!!!

I need to get through another 3 weeks. Will be visiting here often and reading all the tips. Wish me luck...

10 Replies

• Morning Geoff,

Me to is on day 11, All my friends seem to smoke, so I agree thats the hard bit, My children are really pleased with me, although they do push my patience with their cheek specially my teenage boy.

Instead of lighting up, I sign on to this site, keeps your mind and hands busy.

Good luck Geoff, keep in tough..... we can celebrate two weeks soon :D

• Thanks Jan... keep checking in here and together we can succeed, I KNOW IT!!

Can`t believe how much better I feel in myself already.

It`s so good to be in contact with people in the same position.

All the very best!!

• Hi Geoff

Welcome And congrats on your quit so far day 11 is great. I have never taken champix myself but a lot of members here have and all say they found them very good. I know its hard when people around you smoke I work with 8 women and 6 smoke but it gets much easyer.xxxxx

• Hi Geoff and Jan

well done both of you on day 11

Geoff I also used champix to help and found like you that it worked {lots of failures before the sleep will improve and the craving will get less until they virtually disappear

good luck to you both

• Thanks all... good to meet you!

Today I seem to be experiencing some issues with my gums. They`ve been bleeding a bit, and are very sensitive today. I know I have good dental/oral hygeine, having just recently visited the dentist (just prior to giving up the fags).

Searching around on here, that seems to be quite a common complaint... so that`s put my mind at rest.

Hope everyone else is doing OK. Well done to all.. we can make it!!!!!!

• Hi Geoff

Good morning not experienced it myself but know lots have

yes we can all make it and we WILL

All the best

• Two weeks soon

Your little peggys and gums will be just fine.

Dont you dare give in.

two weeks soon

• Hello Geoff,

Welcome to the forum there are a lot of people here who can help you get through your bad days and congratulate you on the good ones too, Stick with it mate it is worth it.

• Good Job Geoff!

I'm impressed with your ability to stave off temptation. I haven't been around smokers for awhile and am a bit scared to be.

I noticed that the nightmares and terrible dreams (especially the ones with axes in the them :eek:) have ended. I slept solid last night.

Best of luck!

• Hi Stop

Glad the bad dreams have stopped and you had a good nights sleep

It will soon get better and you will gain in confidence and be able to be with smokers if you want

Good Luck

You may also like...