Day 76

Hello ladies and gents and Buffy and Boudee

Day 76 i have been having a few bad days i seem to remember Buffy saying something about month 3 being difficult had a few dodgy days, still getting grief from the ex. Resisted temptation and still holding out.

This has been by far the worst time i have had since i quit.

Had a session on the weights at the gym this morning feeling better today, hopefully over the worst of it.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Heya Andy x x x x

Ah the gym is a great feel good tool!!

Though I admit after being away from it for 6 weeks cos of the kids, I have slightly over done it and my arms are very weebley wobbley :D

Legs seem to have coped fine!

Yes My Number three theory :( (3 or thereabouts)

Day 3, week 3, and month 3 all seem to have low points! the reason the month 3 one hurts is because you feel lethargic with the continuing nagging of the addiction x x

Also you experience longer periods of not wanting to smoke so they hit a wee bit harder when they come x x

Hang tight and stay strong because when you turn this corner you will really feel better than you have in all your smoking years!! :D

I reckon it was about week 15 for me. When it all really fell into place!

What a great feeling it was too x x

~Buffy x x

• Yes My Number three theory :( (3 or thereabouts)

Day 3, week 3, and month 3 all seem to have low points! the reason the month 3 one hurts is because you feel lethargic with the continuing nagging of the addiction x x

I reckon it was about week 15 for me. When it all really fell into place!

What a great feeling it was too x x

~Buffy x x

Hi YA Buffy nice to hear from you

All i can say is roll on week 15. as bad as its got i still havent been tempted to go down the shop for some baccy. so i will just keep plodding on, In the word of the great guru buffy "take it one day at a time"

Thanks ;)

• How are you today shellfishb? just hoping you feel better and stronger ;)

• Francesca i am fine today thank you for asking i am on day 78, dont seem to be counting the days as much now.

I am weaning myself off the champix down to one tablet a day now, still suffering from bloating, wind and distrupted sleep patterns but at least i am not smoking.Looking forward to a nice weekend Arsenal to hammer spuds in the london derby. loads of washing and ironing to do whopee.

Still i hope every1 has a nice chilled smokefree weekend and speak to you all again on monday.

• DAY 78 - WOW!!!!!! You are doing an excellent job quitting! Keep it up!!

• That 3 Month Feeling

Hi.

Have read your experiences off and on for a couple of months especially when it's been tough - you've helped me it's good to know others are going thru it.

Smoked 1-40 a day for best part of 30 yrs.Am a pub landlady.

Started Champix June 26th, quit day, July 11th.Fro then til Aug 26th had about 5 ciggies.

Had nowt for a month but feeling a bit naggy for some reason!

Have cut down to 1.5 tablets a day cos I want to feel like me again!!Have never felt sick with Champix but am tired all the time, very much like a zombie, feel out of it, memory not good, people say I say things I don't know I have, have a hoarse throat off and on.Amazing dreams but a little worrying as merging with reality!

Cutting down tomorrow to 1 tablet - half morn and half evening.

Anyone else felt better for cutting down?

• Pammy my quit date was 29 june i did the full 2 weeks on the tablets whilst smoking.When i saw my doctor recently he suggested cutting down to 1 tablet a day so i cut out the evening one, hoping it would ease sleeping probs, i dont feel as tired as i did when i first started taking the tablets the first 6-7 weeks i was like a zombie. I am still ready for bed at 8:30 so i read for 1/2 hr but i get up at 5 which is why i go to bed that early. I do keep waking up during the night usually every couple of hours.I was concerned about reducing the dose wether i would start craving but i have been fine i still have enough tablets for 3 weeks and have got an appt with my dr on wed so i will see what she has to say. As for memory i have had problems with my memory but i think thats because i am a silly old fart.

• one a day

Thanks Shellfish. Am feeling much better more like me as 3rd day on one tablet a day- half morn, half evening. Naggy something missing feeling more or less gone too.I'm convinced the habit is the worst bit to get over - I know Allen Carr says it isn't a habit but think it is - hypnotist I went to last year made more of the subconscious habit side.Managed just 2.5 days with hypnotism - pathetic.Cost me £250 too.Oh well seem to have cracked it this time!

You may also like...