Good Day!

Hi, wanted to share my good news. Went for my post op consultation today, I had a parathyroidectomy and the tumour on the gland they removed has been confirmed as benign (phew!) ! Most of my levels are back to normal just been prescribed some vitamin D. I've eaten lightly all day and been for a 3.25 mile walk in preparation for a celebratory chilli (which is simmering away on the hob right now) and a couple of glasses of B&C' tonight! Told the consultant I am on the NHS diet and he seemed quite impressed with my healthy eating and 4.5lb weight loss (so far). The weight seems a bit slow coming off, I'm on week 3, but going the right way!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Caz28,

Wow, it's so good to hear your news.  That is really good.  I can imagine how relieved you must feel, and I hope you enjoy your Celebratory Chilli and couple of glasses of B&C later tonight!  

Enjoy your evening and the rest of the week.  Getting close to the weekend!

Lowcal :-)

• Great news CONGRATS!!!!!!!

• Lovely to hear some good news, and glad the healthy eating is going well!

• Brilliant news and so is the 4.5lb loss.  That is very good for 3 weeks and if you think about it (join the 4th July challenge if not already in) you will be 9lb down in 6 weeks.  Keep going and by 3 months you will have lost 1stone and 4lb.  Very good indeedy ;)

• you will probably lose more weight now that you had the operation I have a similar condition which am starting to treat with a new Dr. as I am 82 surgery scares me but I am going ahead for whatever I need to do so glad you came out of it with flying colors..

You may also like...