Excercise blues

I've added wii fit and a circuit training style workout to my usual 30+min walk. I try to do 30mins on various wii activities, choosing them so I burn about 200 calories. The other workout (15mins) is things like squats, wall sitting, crunches, plank etc. I tend to do two out of the three each day.

My problem is it seems to get harder everyday, not easier! My wii fit scores are going down. It's been a week- Shouldn't I be getting better?

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Could it be that you're getting tired. If you're doing the exercises every day, maybe your muscles are getting tired and not fully recovering in between.

I think it sounds like a great exercise routine, stick with it. It's the effort you put in that will really count, not the scores on the screen.

• How about trying the Couch to 5k running programme nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/... instead?

I didn't start it until I was 63 and I hadn't run since hating it at school, but it builds up very gradually over nine weeks. I now run three times a week - and I don't eat back the exercise calories I burn!

You may also like...