I am coming to grips with the fact that I have depression. I keep thinking I will be "cured" but from what I've read, it's another manageable, chronic condition. I have had a couple very successful careers but I'm so tired and down that I don't give a hoot about it any more. (Plus- took current job to help my alma mater and it's not a good fit... or, is it a good fit, but I'm too miserable to know it?) I'm so confused and anxious nearly all the time. Doc put me on medical leave but can't get therapy for another three weeks. Welcome to America.
- Depression, off and on since late 1990s.
- This is the worst episode by far. Can't seem to pull out of it.
- Moved a lot as a young person (now 49) and I think I'm finally exhausted.
- Career has always been focus. No kids. Never married. Regret both.
- Thinking I'd like to sell everything I own (apartment full) and move in with my folks (80s) and work a part-time, simple job while I get better.
I joined this forum hoping to find some self-help tips... I have gotten some... and I'm still searching for the magic pill that will just make me feel okay... stable... calm enough to make good decisions.