Men's Health Forum
13,096 members2,955 posts

Phimosis and Short Frenulum

I am currently 16 years old and suffer from phimosis along side having a short frenulum (I think). When my penis is flacid i am able to pull back the foreskin no problem, but i am not able to fully retract it over the glands, and im not sure if its that i have a short frenulum or its just that the foreskin is glued (stuck) to the bottom of the glands. When my penis is erect i am able to retract the foreskin slightly but not much. If i use lube i am able to retract it half way.

I dont think this could change through time, so im curious if there is anyway of treating this without visiting the doctors.

I've also never had sex, so im wondering if this would effect any of the pleasure gained from sexual interaction and if it's uncomfortable or causes pain.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

You can do stretching exercises to stimulate the skin to grow and it will loosen the foreskin, just search on the internet how to do stretching exercises for phimosis, and try and pull the foreskin back a bit more every day, it’s okay if you feel no progress is being made for a few weeks it may take time to happen, you could get some steroid cream to help with any inflammation, you could also think about getting a circumcision but it’s advised to try stretching the foreskin first, because it’s a very big decision for a 16 year old to get cut, when stretching works most of the time if you do it properly.

1 like

I also believed that I had phimosis, but after 2 months of stretching - I can see the full head of my penis - without lube.

I'd suggest, when you're in the shower - Pull it down, and try see the head of your penis, if not, just go as far as you can, leave it there for a few seconds, and then try it a couple more time.

Attempt this only a few times a day. Additionally, I found that saliva actually helped, I know it may sound disgusting, but. Saliva actually serves as a pretty good lubricant.

2 likes

As others mentioned, you can stretch it until it isn't as tight. Be gentle when doing it, do not force it and you should be fine.

1 like

You’ve had some really sound advice here. I can assure you that I was similar at your age and with time and use, I’ve gone on to have a full and unaffected sex life. Just a tight foreskin early on, but doing some stretching and using it will sort it out in the long term.

1 like

Do not worry. You are normal for your age. Your foreskin is still developing. You don’t have phimosis. You have a normal, non-retractable foreskin due to your youth.

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous full-length foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.

sexasnatureintendedit.com/

doctorsopposingcircumcision...

Do not be misled by those who want you to have part of your penis cut off.

Every male starts life with a tight, non-retractable foreskin. Some get looser automatically and some need a little help.

The foreskin is supposed to be tight and non-retractable in childhood so that it provides protection, but it is supposed to retract and glide back and forth in adulthood. Teens are in transition between childhood and adulthood so frequently the foreskin is still non-retractable.

There are three possible reasons that a foreskin will not retract.

1. The tip of the foreskin is too tight to pass back over the head.

2. The frenulum is too short to permit retraction.

3. There is a fusion or adhesion of the inner foreskin to the glans penis.

It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract.

circumstitions.com/Restric/...

You may clean non-retractile foreskin with a rubber-bulb ear syringe. Just fill the syringe with lukewarm water and squirt it into the foreskin.

It is easy to make your foreskin wider and looser by manual stretching.

circumstitions.com/Docs/tee...

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. In most cases, the foreskin becomes retractable by age eighteen.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this several times every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis”, which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension several times every day so that it will grow wider.

Betamethasone valerate ointment, which is available by prescription may help, but it won’t work by itself. Manual stretching is still required.

willywellbeing.com/forums/f...

cirp.org/library/normal/

thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/T...

genitalwholeness.wordpress....

cirp.org/library/treatment/...

healthboards.com/boards/men...

15square.org.uk/

There are some who would want you to be circumcised. Circumcision is a horrible, mutilating, destructive, harmful operation, that takes off the best part of the penis. It should be considered a last resort after conservative treatment fails. One may prefer to remain as one is rather than undergo circumcision.

1 like

Although it is still uncommon for it to be still developing at 16, he may have phimosis but still treatable in the same way.

Thank you very much, will try stretching

You may also like...