Men's Health Forum
10,491 members2,250 posts

Post circumcision sensitivity getting worse + tips for creams

Hi all I got circumcised 6 weeks ago and had the usual pain on the glans/bell end. However I’ve noticed that since I’ve started masturbating again a couple of weeks ago the pain has spread from the top down to the left and has got worse. Any ideas on how long it should take for the pain to go? Also any tips for creams to use?

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Circumcision pain

Circumcision is a cutting operation. It is normal to feel pain during the surgical operation, however this is usually relived by general or local anesthesia.

You may expect pain after surgery until the incision heals. Ask your doctor for a two-week supply of an opioid pain reliever.

You may also expect pain when the sensitive head of the penis is exposed to friction from clothing, etc. It is no longer protected by the foreskin, so there is not much you can do about it.

You may also expect painful erections. Depending on how much skin was removed. Depending on how much skin was removed, there may not be enough skin left to allow for shaft expansion during erection and this may cause painful erections.

You may also experience phantom pain from neuromas that form where nerves were severed.

Masturbation may be painful if you don’t use lubrication.

Thanks Bucky85 - that doesn’t mention how long the pain will last though!

You may also like...