Men's Health Forum
12,636 members2,814 posts

Testicular and Pelvic Pain


About 2 years ago I started getting pains in my right testicle. My GP sent me for an ultrasound scan which came back negative. I was then referred to a urologist who could not find any serious problems and sent me on my way. The pain then went away with the help of prescribed medication. However, recently, the pain in the testicle has returned along with pains in the lower abdomen and pelvis. Does anybody know what this could be and if i'll need any furthet tests? Thank you

4 Replies

Get to your doctor.


This could be chronic prostatitis or chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Not serious but very difficult to manage.

Certainly being reinvestigated and referred is likely the best next step


Sounds like chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Did you do a digital rectal examination and prostate fluid test? These tests can diagnose your disease. You can take muscle relaxers like diazepam or cyclobenzaprine. These medications can help to reduce spasms in the pelvic floor. You can also try a herbal medicine named diuretic anti-inflammatory pill.


Hi yes I had a DRE and the doctor said everything felt normal


You may also like...