Marathon Running and Race Support
957 members1,966 posts

First mountain

I love mountains and it’s my dream to run up as many as poss.

So- I’ve just signed up for the Snowdonia marathon next October. I’m so excited that I’ve got a place and I have nearly a year to get ready.

I’ve also decided that for the first time I will follow a training plan. I’m going to do a 12 week Myasics plan. I’m putting it here so I don’t change my mind!!!

Woohoo

Sky high panthering here we come

Juju

Xx

31 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow!!!!! So exciting...!!!

I have walked/climbed in Snowdonia for many, many years, ( my post photo is taken climbing above Cwm Glas)..but never running on the mountains. I shall make sure we are at the holiday home and be there to watch the start of the Marathon, on the 27th October!!!

Brilliant Ju... go you.... you will have a blast!

2 likes

Oh wow that will be so good to meet you!!! I’ve never been before so I’m very excited!!!

2 likes

Ju..it is so,so beautiful.... you will love it. The sheer enormity and power of the Pass where it starts is amazing! J and I used to camp and climb there every weekend... :) Happy days:)

I think being at the Finish.. I stand more chance of seeing you!! I am excited for you!!!

1 like

Wow you make it sound amazing, I'm excited already!!

Well done 😁.

If you do all the runs on the plan you’ll be fine. You can switch the sessions about but just do them all It gives you a sense of ‘job done’ once complete as you know the work is done and you’re ready 💪😃

1 like

Thankyou- I've seen how it's been so successful for you and others...

That will be a great event Ju.

Such a beautiful place too! We have stayed many times with family in the national park.

Great way to go!

1 like

Thankyou so much 😎

Oh wow. I thought it was hairy enough when I went up on the steam train. Go you!

3 likes

Thankyou, I don't think it goes to the top but I'm not sure!!!

You have a year to train and you’re very strong anyway. This run will suit you down to the ground. Needless to say I am in awe!

2 likes

Thankyou, and yes because of that I feel it's doable....

That's going to be fantastic, and I notice it's already sold out :o Looking forward to hearing all about your training!

2 likes

I know, I'd read up on it before so I was there at 7am ready to book, I had to wait in a queue for 40 minutes till I got to the front!!

1 like

Wow, well done! Sounds like getting Glastonbury tickets :D

1 like

Indeed!!!!

How fantastic! We got married at the foothills of Snowdon and then walked to the summit via the Watkins path, with our guests! It is a wonderful place. Look forward to reading about your training 😀

3 likes

Lovely!!! Just lovely! Wow!!!

2 likes

That is very cool!

2 likes

Wow that sounds so romantic, how wonderful....

1 like

Sounds fantastic - looking forward to following your progress.

1 like

Thankyou so much 😎

Wow, a mountain run! That sounds really cool. I am looking forward to reading all about your training and run.

1 like

I will do full reportage on all of it.. 😎😎😎

1 like

That sounds really exciting, and way beyond me! I'm impressed, and am sure that you'll enjoy it.

1 like

Thankyou and yes I hope so!!

1 like

Me and mr wobble tried to go up the mountain on the train but it was cancelled due to fog 🌫

Oh, wow, Ju, that will be brilliant! it will suit you just fine :)

1 like

Thankyou so much 😎

Thats sounds just right for you!😊you'll be fine in full panther training mode! ! 😊🏃🏃🏃🏃

Wow....just wow!!😀🏃🏽‍♀️

You may also like...