Weekly chat 8 - 14 May

Hi everybody,

Please feel free to share your runs here and chat about how it's all going,

Sometimes we don't feel like putting a whole post up but just want to share something small, so this is a great place for doing that during the week.

If youre a lurker it is a great place to say a little hi without the pressure of a full post.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy week !

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hello! I'm doing a 5k training plan at the moment, and all I can say is AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH! However, I got a new 5k pb at parkrun on Saturday, so maybe the pain is worth it... ?

A very good week to you too, RFC, and all you other racey people :D

• Looks like you did very well at parkrun on Saturday, i saw your time on Endomondo I hope the offical time is a few seconds under that!

• Thank you - my parkrun time was what I put on Endo 25:01 - so close to Breaking25! Happy with it though :) I saw your parkrun too - wondered what had happened in the last 2k (now I know from your post below - I do sometimes think it would be much easier if parkrun was on a Friday morning instead of Saturday when I am a bit hungover :) ).

• Its a great time, i am sure your break it very soon, just drink less the night before and a little bit less wind!

• Here I am! I managed two runs last week. A tempo run and an 11K run in the forest. I had a reaction to some food on Saturday, so I didn't dare run early on Sunday. I got out in the late afternoon. I wasn't very happy with my run, and walked a lot more than I wanted to. But I managed to run up a hill I usually struggled with last year, so there's some progress. Hopefully my poor running form was down to the my unsettled tummy - even though I was feeling fine by the time I got out.

• That's great progress, well done!!

• After my launch over the bank holiday weekend, I didn't manage to do anything more than a hobble last week (even parkrun was limited to a walk as I was the tail runner - which was just as well as I was limping by the end of that!). Today though, it all changes. My knees are both now a similar size and shape, so I am going out for a light run - maybe a bit of fartlek-ing if my knee feels strong. I need to do something 1) because I can feel the lard building up 2) I have a 10k trail run on Sunday!

Wish me luck! :)

• Ouchy :( Good luck! It'll be fine :)

• Well last week I actually managed to turn up to my running club that i hadn't been to in 10months, i even enjoyed it and will go back!

Then on Saturday I was in Norwich because of work and had enough time to do a bit of parkrun tourism at Brundall parkrun, i was going pretty well a sub 25. Then all those Belgium beers and mussels i drunk the night before tried to make re-appearance. Luckily they didn't but did have to slow down.

Then this week, i have swim/cycle gotri event at the local gym, i will be ok on the cycling but my swimming sucks. Then as i start to prepare for Beachy head i have my first trail half marathon at Bewl Water, this will be fun!

• That half marathon looks great, hope you enjoy it!

You may also like...