Weekly chat 27 - 3 December - Marathon Running ...

Marathon Running and Race Support

1,888 members4,766 posts

Weekly chat 27 - 3 December

Realfoodieclub
RealfoodieclubHalf Marathon

Please feel free to share your runs here and chat about how it's all going,

Sometimes we don't feel like putting a whole post up but just want to share something small, so this is a great place for doing that during the week.

If youre a lurker it is a great place to say a little hi without the pressure of a full post.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy week,

Juju, Realfoodieclub and Oldfloss

17 Replies
oldestnewest
misswobble
misswobbleMarathon

Morning RFC 😃

Got my marathon out the way so now have started in my half marathon place, with run one done yesterday

Doing a bit of yoga at home and going to do a Jillian Michaels dvd this morning

Got a 10k race booked for10th December

My toe nail came off last night, all in one go. Looks very red and sore as it’s literally all gone I hope it won’t be a problem 🙄

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator in reply to misswobble

Owwww :(

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Administrator in reply to misswobble

urggg I have had that before... poor you :(

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator

Still plodding onward. Strength training is going well, and I bought another set of dumbbells at the weekend. There's a new Decathlon store just opened in Brighton, it is fab! We spent far too much money in there :)

In internet shopping news, I also got a new (to me) swimming wetsuit, and some Injinji toe socks (not to be worn together!). I have yet to try either out though.

I did a 20k last week, it's nice to be getting into longer runs again! I'm still taking it slowly for now, although at my half-marathon in a couple of weeks I will of course be trying to get a pb :D

Ooh, and I passed my fundraising target for the London 2 Brighton - yayyyyyyy!!!!

Happy running, all!

misswobble
misswobbleMarathon

Good work 👍😃. I put a set if dumbbells on my list as mine are leaking sand 😮😫. Oooh sand in your eye or mouth 😛 My son gave me another set but they weigh a ton 😁.

We don’t have a decathlon which is probably just as well Are they the waterproof socks? Hey, Decathlon has a natty running skirt! Mkmdmtou not for this weather possibly ☺️

20km Run is solid and should see you able to go for a PB, so long as it’s not too hilly of course. Darn those hills to hell 😃

roseabi

Nope, no hills - there may be some pretty big puddles though :)

Ooh, sand in the eyes, eek!

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator in reply to roseabi

Dumbbells that weigh a ton, that is hardcore :D

roseabi

I didn't get the socks at Decathlon, they were from eBay - the cheapest Injinjis I could find...

misswobble
misswobbleMarathon

No hills. That’s music my ears

I have a race coming up with not much hill. Two short sections and that’s it

PB potential. I nailed it last year. Nail! 😁😁

roseabi

Nail!!!!

C3PO
C3POVirtual HM

Bad weather and life meant that I only managed my long run last week. Hopefully this week will be better - although now that we're heading towards December, my calendar is pretty full.

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator in reply to C3PO

Hope you have a good week!

misswobble
misswobbleMarathon

Full running calender. Tick!

ju-ju-
ju-ju-Administrator

I am feeling positive. I have been doing daily exercises and massage etc following the advice of my osteopath and I have spent the weekend in Devon. I ran 5.5 hilly miles each day and i am fine, my ankle/ hip are OK. It makes me feel really happy that I am gradually getting back my mileage- not allowed to do any speed stuff yet tho! I am hoping to sign up for a winter 2018 marathon next week...

roseabi
roseabiAdministrator in reply to ju-ju-

Sounds great! Looking forward to hearing what you sign up for :)

misswobble
misswobbleMarathon

Yeah me too.

C3PO
C3POVirtual HM

I'm so glad to hear that things are progressing!

You may also like...