I cant get Life Insurance !!

Hi ,

After reading the blog on travel isurance and receiving some useful insurance information from Lupus UK. I though Id put this one out there.

I can't get life insurance. I have SLE diagnosed in 1986. I have Chronic Renal Failure, and a few other add on's to go with it (big names, cant spell!!)

I have applied for life insurance on many occasions and been refused point blank! guess they think Im gonna die soon!

I have a family to think of and no security for them.

Can anyone help.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I can't now either,

Luckily the people i had had it with before i was diagnosed are still covering me (at a price) but when i tried to change a few years ago no-one will touch me.

The only good thing about it is when people ring up to try and sell it to me i just say i am uninsurable and they hang up !!!!!

There must be a company out there somewhere - good luck and sorry i can't be more help :)

• Thats a good point Ive been stressing so much about trying to go to work that I forgot to update my insurers when I was diagnosed.

I will brace myself and call them. I will let you know my outcome.

• Hi everyone,

I had a word with Geraldine in the office about this issue of life insurance and she provided me with contact details for David Rackham on 01329 282882 or email david.rackham@templewealth.co.uk

David has been successful in obtaining life insurance for other members, so he may be able to help.

• Wow this is fanctastic I let you know how I get on :-).

• Please do

• If you are over 50 try AGE UK. I have just taken out annual European insurance at a very reasonable rate.

Kirkygirl

You may also like...