Do I have lupus?

Hi all,

I thought I would introduce myself. I have been chronically ill for the past 5 months, and after nothing coming back conclusively from bloods ( under active thyriod ruled out even though my score was one from being low range), I went into the drs and asked to be investigated for lupus.

I have the classic butterfly rash, rAshes that pop up everywhere, hair falling out, very very fatigued and aching joints. I also have had a cronic cough which it now seems may have been linked.

what should my results show for me to have lupus?

Thanks! Xx

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Rugbykirsty

Judging by your symptoms I think you need to see a Rheumatologist who will take a history and do blood tests. Take a photo of any rashes to show them.

If you test positive for ANA or anti- nuclear antibody whilst it's not specific for Lupus , it means there is something going on with your immune system , further more specific antibody bloods can be done and according to results a diagnosis/ treatment could be started for you. It can take years for some like me to get the right help but you have to keep fighting!Hope I've helped and Good LuckX

• Many thanks. I've Already had my bloods taken, just waiting for the results now. I'm hoping that if it shows up something I'll be given treatment so I can start to feel better. I've taken pictures of all the rashes and showed them to my GP x

• Hi Rugbykirsty

Good luck for your blood results. If there are any changes ask your GP for a Rheumatology referral. Let us know how you get on.X

• Thank you. If there are any changes can the dr give me somthing to help ease the symptoms until I see a Rheumatologist? Just so I can start to feel normal again and not so Ill xx

• Hi Rugbykirsty

It's horrible feeling so ill waiting for blood results!. How much your GP could help is dependent on what shows up , what he's tested for. If you were anaemic as an example he could treat that easily. It also depends if he knows about these connective tissue diseases , he might feel confident about treating you!. If not you might want to think about seeing a Rheumatologist privately or ask your GP if he can make it an urgent referral as your very ill.

Best of luckX

• Thankyou. I've got a list of what I've been tested for.

Bone profile

ESR

FBC

Glucose

LFT

RA latex/ rheumatoid

Renal Function

TFT

ANA

ENA

DNA

On the notes bit it says joint aches 2/12

Facial Rash

SLE?

• Hi Rugbykirsty

Your bloods are a good look at everything. Your GP must know about these connective tissue diseases which is a great help for you. Good luck for the resultsX

• Hi Rugbykirsty87,

Would you like me to send you one of our free information packs which has a lot of detail about how lupus is diagnosed? If you would, please send me a private message or email paul@lupusuk.org.uk with your name and address.

You may also like...