The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation
3,154 members1,791 posts

Good news from Hoggy

Hi everybody

I saw the oncologist yesterday for my 3 monthly MRI scan results and the swelling in my brain has gone!. He doesnt know why it came in the first place as it was over a year since i had the stereotactic treatment. But it has gone. I had continuing 500 mcg steroids via the gp but the onc. said i didn't need to continue them as your body produces steroid if i got that right.

My April scan showed a lot of oedema but now nothing. The other side had a small tumour and that is still slightly there but now dead. I am hoping this isnt a fluke and my next 3 month scan shows the same resuts then I will be happier. News still sinking in for hubby and me but I never count my chickens yet.

Good luck to everyone else and keep optimistic you never know.

Best wishes

Hoggy

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello Hoggy, pleased to hear this good news, enjoy the rest of the summer

Best wishes Roy Castle Helpline

1 like

That sounds like great news Hoggy. Really pleased to hear it and hope you enjoy the rest of the summer xx

1 like

Really pleased for you, that's very positive news. So happy for you x

1 like

That,s great news Hoggy and so good to hear, keep smiling.

Margaret x

1 like

Brilliant news Hoggy thrilled for you

Anne x

1 like

Good news x

1 like

so pleased to hear your good news long may it continue wishing you and your family a very happy summer x

1 like

So pleased that you've had good news Hoggy :) With so many negative story's it's great to have such wonderful news. Have a great summer x

Netty

1 like

Hi Hoggy, such great news will keep my fingers crossed and prayers coming your way.

lots of love

Francesxx

1 like

Fantastic news Hoggy so pleased for you xxx wishing you all the good stuff 🍸🍷✊xx

1 like

Hi like everything you added!

1 like

There's a few waiting for you if you're ever up my way hun 🍷🍸🍻🍹🍷😘

What great news! Have a lovely summer x

1 like

You may also like...