Knee Replacement Surgery Advice

Hi All,

I have bilateral lower leg Lymphedema & wear compression garments all day every day. In 9 weeks I am having a total right knee replacement & then at a later date the left one is being done. But 1st things 1st back to my right knee, I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation & can give me some advice. I appreciate one of the most important things is to stay wound infection free to avoid cellulitis.

Thank you

Cathy x

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Look at the website of the Lymphoedema Support Network lymphoedema.org. If I remember correctly they have an article on operations and lymphoedema. You can also phone them up for information. I have lower leg lymphoedema and had bunion operations on both lymphie feet/legs. I was put on antibiotics before the operation and kept on them for about 2 weeks afterwards. Also pre operation my lymphoedema clinic wrote to the surgeon (but my surgeon had done a few lymphoedema patients before, as well I believe, as the Queen's knee!)

• Thank you. I had looked but couldn't find anything but will have a better look again. x

• Look under "information", then "useful articles". There is an article on Lymphoedema and orthopaedic surgery.

• good luck but dont know anything about knee operations wish you good health. corey 10

• Thank you Corey10. My date has been brought forward to 20th May. Thanks again x

You may also like...