Healthy Eating
29,398 members3,772 posts

Light Keto Lunch today

Light Keto Lunch today

Had a light keto lunch today.

Baingan Bartha:

150 gms Aubergine or Brinjal. Pressure cooked and sauteed in Indian Ghee with some spices like mustard seeds, turmeric, curry leaves, asefotida, ginger etc. 3 teaspoon ghee.

Paneer Halwa:

A sweet dish made with Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) . 3 teaspoon ghee heated. Added broken walnuts, almonds, cardamon and saffron strands. After a few mins added the crumbled paneer. Heated for a few mins. Taken off the flame.. added 4 drops of stevia liquid.

A cheese cube also.

Since I follow the keto lifestyle, these dishes fit in well.

16 Replies
oldestnewest

This looks really great, Shashikantiyengar. It seems to be a fast meal idea for a weekend day. Thank you for sharing it.

2 likes

Thank you

1 like

You’re welcome!😀

1 like

Hi Shashikantiyengar,

Your meal looks very tasty, and I like the mix of spices - and the Paneer Halwa sounds very yummy. :-)

Zest :-)

2 likes

Thank you Zest

2 likes

Hi Shashikantiyengar, I like this for three reasons, its healthy, packed with flavour and is for a special diet. I love some of the ingredients too 😊

2 likes

Thank you

I add up ginger and turmeric in almost all meals for its anti inflammatory effects

Saffron strands add up heavenly flavour

1 like

That’s fantastic!😀

1 like

I agree and I use turmeric a lot 😊

2 likes

Great to hear that, Jerry.😀

1 like

just ensure that some fats are taken with it and some sprinkling of pepper powder which enhances the absorption of curcumin more than 100 times

2 likes

Hey good tips and I love black pepper 😊

2 likes

I take golden milk every day at night

Half a cup of full fat milk. 1/4 teaspoon turmeric. a pinch of pepper powder and 1/2 teaspoon of organic Ghee... Boil the entire combo & have it hot... some 30 mins before bedtime.

Controls my cervical spondylosis pain.

3 likes

That looks lovely, would you happen to know if the paneer dish freezes well? I love paneer but the rest of my family don't and it never seems worth buying just for me but if I could make big dish and freeze I could defrost for work lunches.

3 likes

It can be prepared at home

Boil 1/2 a liter of full fat milk. Once it reached boiling point squeeze in juice of 1 lemon. It will curdle. Let it rest for few mins. Filter it using a muslin cloth. The liquid part or the whey part can be discarded or used up in any dish or soup.

The cloth can be squeezed & that the curdled part is the paneer.

Can be frozen. But fresh one taste best. We prepare it at home & it lasts for just 2 days. Prefer to make fresh one every 2 days.

3 likes

Thankyou, never actually thought of making it myself, Sainsbury's sell it in a packet! I'll give freezing a try 😀

2 likes

You may also like...