Healthy Eating

Familial hypercholesterolaemia

Hi, my hubby has just been diagnosed with Familial hypercholesterolaemia, its hereditary, so we are having a massive lifestyle change. I have been trying to find something that will cure his sweet tooth, I have found a vegan recipie for cinnamon buns not containing eggs etc, but it does contain coconut oil, there seems to be a lot of different studies as to if this is bad or good for high cholesterol. I am going slightly blind reading all the info, does anyone else have this and can shed some light for me please. Thank you Hayley

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Have you talked with your husband's doctor for the recipe ideas?

Of course but this is didnt come into it at the time so i just wondered if anyone else knew before we had a chance speak with the GP again

I'm sorry I can't help you as I have no knowledge of the condition but would expect your gp to offer help from a dietician. 😕

I hope somebody else can help. ☺

Best wishes

I make Bara Brith a Welsh tea bread, just fruit soaked overnight, flour and I use lots of spices. Instead of egg use one tablespoon chia seed mixed with water until they thicken, actually makes a moister cake than egg. Dates are good to eat especially Medjul ones. Look at Forks over Knives website for lots of recipes and help.

I have recently been diagnosed with the same condition and GP insisted statins and the Mediterranean Diet was the way to go. She said diet alone doesn't work, but I am not convinced!

Thats exactly what we have been told, statins and Med Diet, I have read that peopole have come off the statins but we will have to see. Good luck.

1 like

You may also like...