I cut the lawn in 4 hours!

Because of this lovely rain we have been having this year, mine and everyone roses lawn was a sorry sight. I was beginning to lose the dogs when they went out!! Anyway it took me four hours with a sprained wrist and tennis elbow. My Fibro has behaved recently enough to be semi normal which is good. however, because the grass was so long and wet, I had to keep U jamming the blades from sods of mulched up grass! My daughter-in-law took over to do the front lawn which isn't quite as huge, and after it had dried slightly, gave the back lawn a second cut. It all now looks lovely as I sit here having a nice culpa in the rare sun. Problem is my body now feels like its been in a train wreck! SO..looks like I shall be just admiring the garden today and looking longingly at all the weeds!

Enjoy the sun guys if you have it xx

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Take it easy today - we do tend to have to pay for a few days when we have these outbursts of activity don't we?

When we moved in I had the garden beautifully landscaped - in paving. Just have one raised garden which is full of roses, honeysuckle (and weeds) - much easier to take care of, in fact we don't own a lawn mower!

I was ill at the time so it seemed the best way to go especially with dogs who believe they should dig massive great holes.

Julie xx

• Yeh I've got two dogs but thankfully they arnt diggers just super poopers!!

I'm trying to get this garden looking reasonable as when we moved in its just a fifty foot long grassed area! I love gardening its a passion I've always done to relax but now my body just won't let me.

I've been in garden all morning but I can't hardly do anything without taking a break its so blooming frustrating agghhh! I don't want any help with it because I WANT TO DO IT! Just got to get that message across to my body :-(

• Had to give in and accept help with the garden today. It is big and there is loads to do. 7 hours later and it is looking fabulous and lovely for our cat sitters to enjoy next week. But I really regret not being able to do it myself any more...

• I've managed to weed a couple of small flower beds and remove the dead sweepeas but not much else. And that's even taken most of the take day too :-( now I've sat down after my shower and my hips feel like a 90year old after a marathon!

Will we ever be able to go back to how we were? :-(

You may also like...