Bad night - grown up children arguing and me in the middle!

I think as a mother you never win when it comes to kids arguing. I feel battered on all sides as both say that I didn't support them in the arguement. They are good kids but I think I've made them selfish and they forget that as they get older so do I and the Bank of Mummy has all but dried up since I'm unable to work. Life is very different now.

This morning I feel dreadful but must buck up as we have a viewer and I have to be all bright and cheerful.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • how old are your children mine are 19 and 22 and i still view them as children...

when they where teenagers i used to shut my bedroom door and let them to it but things did get broken, not bones ...

now i defo leave them to it, but if all else fails i mention living on the streets, them not me ! they normally know i am really cross and feed up at this stage, my voice and language will have risen ...

i even turn the eletric and gas off to show how fed up i am of them ...

bless you stress is such a killer for us BIG MUG HOT TEA INSTANTLY

• Yeah it ism horrible when you have to say no to kids i hate it, my girls are pretty good they do know if i have got it to give/lend then it is theirs but if not sorry no go, as i am sure your kids do deep down they just dont seem to compute the word no. Quite few years ago when i was married my x husband had good job and money was ok and i could let them have alot but now its different and like you i have to really watch the pennys if something goes wrong ie yesterday car battery packed up i had to get new onw which was 38 but thats my shopping money for week plus 13 0n top so now this week i have got to be careful so i know it is hard and i hate it when my girls argue not very often as eldest moved out when she was 20 but it is awful if they do have a ruck love to you xx diddle x

• been there done that, and bought the T shirt Ive got 5 kids,27,25,23,19,13. they are very good but my god they can argue,I just tell them now if they want to do so go out of my house, 4 still live at home,and things arent easy with this ilness, so I sat them down told them all the problems I face and now i cant do things I used to, but it took a brain seizure and me being rushed to hospital to make them take notice

• Hi there, thanks for your lovely comments yesterday. It is soooooo good knowing that I'm not on my own! It seems to have settled down but for how long, I don't know. They are 20 and 21 and like chalk and cheese. Here's hoping for a peaceful day!

I might fall on the floor to see if they do anything but I think they might just step over me! Lol!

You may also like...