Pip assessment any adviceplease - Fibromyalgia Acti...

Fibromyalgia Action UK
48,247 members59,881 posts

Pip assessment any adviceplease

Trophygirl
Trophygirl

This will be my first one don't no what to expect can anyone give me a little advice please. With all my problems there's a few.but its made my anxiety really bad worrring so much feeling very I'll. Thankyou.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi is it a home visit

Trophygirl
Trophygirl in reply to Ajay575

Yes

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to Trophygirl

Hi that helps a bit.i have been on a few as volunteer.when they come to your home .they will take their computer out and go over your forms with you they look at their computer and ask you questions they are not sure about and any discrepancies as well.there are a few good assessors and a couple bad etc.when they ask you something and you cannot do it cause of pain etc say no causes to much pain nd discomfort do not say sometimes.and say how it effects you after it all day if you do do it. And same about help and care they won't ask you questions on Them all bit of lottery wot ones.think of your worse day and give your answers on that.you can have someone with you through out to help you a bit this is allowed and normal not an issue.my clients where anxious etc so I made sure they where in their bed for this .you can do this if you feel you cannot manage around 60 mins on a chair for pain and you are ill recommend.your friend and assessor will sit in room provide a chair.my advice do not even wash that day trust me it is a bit extreme it is my advice .I have seen the good bad an ugly reports 😊.that is about it really good luck take care.

sherrisix
sherrisix in reply to Ajay575

I was told differently by an adviser. I was told to always say; on my worst days I can't do xxx, and my best days I can do..... Because apparently if you say for example that you are so ill you can't get out of bed and then you are seen walking to the shops, you can be in trouble and lose all your benefits etc?

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to sherrisix

You can do that .some assessors twist those words.if you cannot do it say 183 days of year (majority of time) that means you cannot do it and you can say I cannot do it.all advisers are different.as long as it is the truth and you cannot do it majority of time you will not lose benefits

Trophygirl
Trophygirl in reply to Ajay575

Hi Ajay thanks again the truth always prevails.hopefully

Thankyou Ajay for for taking the time to help I do appreciate that .just didn't no what to expect.that's good about being inbed because that's were I spend most of my days never no energy always fatiqued like many fibromites .

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to Trophygirl

Hope it goes ok for you and you get wot you deserve

YASMINTINA
YASMINTINAFMA UK Volunteer

Evening I'm posting a link which I hope you will find helpful healthunlocked.com/fibromya... as I don't have any experience with this but I'm sure our members who have experienced this will offer some helpful tips, if you would like to lock your future posts here is the link healthunlocked.com/fibromya... hope all goes well for you

Hi I have not got to the stage where I need to apply for this but had to for dla for my daughter years ago . Look your worst . Don't make an effort and always answer as though it was your really bad days

Good luck x

You may also like...