Fibromyalgia Action UK
41,070 members53,184 posts

PIP Assessment

Only returned my PIP form to DWP about 10 days ago and today received a phone call offering me an appointment for an assessment today. I assume they must have had a cancellation. Unfortunately I had to decline as had a doc appointment to attend. Due to various forthcoming hospital appointments I have accepted the 2nd January for my PIP assessment.

I assume the assessment will be about how my health effects me and dare say will have to have a medical also.

What I have found suprissing was how quick the appointment came through. Will keep you updated once the assessment is over.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I've been getting dal for some yearsnow it's not for fibromyalgia diagnosis I'm a bit hesitant to apply due to the stress it puts me through. Some people said that they have been accepted for it. No doubt you will be too.

2 likes

You mean dla.bfegan.think it switches over by 2019/20 better leaving it till they contact you for best unless your a lot worse as you said not worth the hassle

1 like

Must be catching up with their backlog.you should not get a medical and don't have to do anything if it can cause you the slightest bit of pain.when you get the assessment they will watch you walking in on camera sometimes and observe you walking to room.there has been cases where they have commented on looks ?.on assessment they will be looking at computer that is them going over your form for any discrepancies etc and will quetion you on some questions they are not sure of that is about it im afraid.when they ask questions be clear and go into detail about pain and how it effects you all day .do that with every question they ask.they will or maybe observe you leaving the building.there is points on every question on form and they tally it up at end .you need 8 points for care and 8 points for mobiliy for standard rates.12 points for enchanced rates..if you want a nose on points you get and how it works and may help yu answer questions you can do the pip self test .Google pip self test and benefit for work will pop up.it is not legal binding but is facts.hope this helps you a bit good luck on your assessment. PS you have someone with you

1 like

good luck

1 like

You may also like...