I have a spine condition (multi prolapsed disk + degenrative spine desease) which put me on zopiclone for a long duration course.
Some thoght about this:
1) It's adictive. once you take it for more than 2 or 3 days, your going to have a rebound. good luck with that.
2) You get tollerante to it, which means after 3 or 4 months the dose creeps up! making it harder to get off.
3) and this is the important part. IT DOES NOT WORK vs the Insomnia caused by Meningitis. Im on 15Mg Zopiclone - a very high does. its 5:12am on my 4th night with no sleep.
please. this is one route not to go down, i am looking for other methods. two things i have hurd that might help
1) softer pilows to support the nect, in its natural stat. part of the sleeplessness is caused by the fact your head is no longer in the same position as it was during the day. try chanign your pillows to ones that support you better to big to small make a big differance
2) i found a neck heat wrap from my locak chemis (about£5.00) heat it up in the microwave, wraped it around my neck, at night. it helped a little till my cat shredded it. i want to get naother now. is this ig soing otbe ongoing situation.
3) try raising the bed from underneath, the end your sleep at, put some old pilows or quits under the matrass, and raise it like the hospit beds did. they were raised not flat, again it is suposed to help.
I was diagnosed on the 26th January 2018, and only out of hospital 2 weeks. so still comming to tearms with the after-math. so i am very open to any ideas people have with more experiance than myself.
I wish you all luck