Help please, a little confused! X

Hi just a quick one, I hope it makes sense 😊

I currently get PIP standard mobility from 2015, I got much worse, more problems so I told them in march about my change in circumstances and asked them to look at my award again, so I had my Home visit today and he told me if my PIP award goes up as in I get a higher rate etc,it is NOT backdated to when I told them of the change? Nearly 5 months have passed since things have gotten worse.. citizens advice told me if you already get PIP and you tell them of a change/worsening conditions that results in them upping your award it IS backdated to when you told them about it? Anyone know anything about this? I'm not sure what's going on 😕 Advice greatly appreciated xx

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • healthunlocked.com/fibromya...

Hi it is hard to say with pip as it is all on individual basis on needs, medical conditions and medications and interactions.

• It's back dated as far as I know. Might be worth asking him where's the policy concerning this and checking yourself. Or ask to speack you the manager. All the best sweety. 💗

• Hi Anyac81

I am not sure myself but FMA UK do have a benefits adviser who should know the answer. I have pasted her (Janet) contact details below:

FMA UK Welfare Benefits Helpline - 0300 999 0055

Opening times: Mon 10.00 am - 12 noon; and Fri 10.00 am - 12 noon.

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Hi my son gets pip and hes been on the standad rate like you he's condition has got worse he had a home visit and his he's gone up to the higher rate it was bandated so I would appeal if I were you best wishes and good luck

• Thank you 😊 I had a feeling they were possibly trying it on x

You may also like...