Pip award and Severe disability premium (SDP)

Hello.

would anybody be able to tell me if severe disability gets back paid to the date your pip award gets back dated?

I had a phone call yesterday informing me on my pip award. Standard, standard. I then called dwp and went through a form with them about sdp, told then I live alone and nobody gets carers allowance for me. They said I should be entitled to an extra 62 pounds a week to top my esa support group benefit up. The advisor did ask me when was my pip being dated from, I tod him the 1st Feb.

Did the advisor ask this because the sdp will be added to my benefit and then backdated too?

confused... 😖

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi b1984 So sorry but we are unable to help out with benefits. I have sent you a link that I hope helps.

healthunlocked.com/fibromya...

• Hi

Yes it should be backdated to the date your PIP was awarded

Rose

• From what you say that is probably what they are looking at the SDP can take a bit longer than other be benefits to work out. Glad you have your awards and hope they get your benefits sorted asap.x

• Hi b1984

I have pasted you a link below to the GOV.UK cache on Severe Disability Premiums and I think reading this that Rose54 is right as it goes hand-in-glove with your PIP benefit. I appreciate that sometimes they appear to move the goal posts but I do not think they can on this occasion?

gov.uk/disability-premiums-...

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• I was awarded this but it not back dated just paid from the day you apply for it Although they contacted me to tell me I was entitled to it !!

You may also like...