Fibromyalgia Action UK
43,162 members β€’ 55,261 posts

Fibro and c-reactive proteins

I have fibro and I just found out. I was wondering if anyone know if their C-reactive proteins are high from fibro. Normal is .033 to 1. and mine was 21 and a week later it went to 31.5. I really am concerned.

14 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Sorry no, try googling it? πŸ˜ƒ

2 likes

I did and it just said it shows that there is inflammation in my body but not where.

1 like

Fybro does not cause inflammation in The body so something else is going on if your CRP levels are raised then you have inflammation somewhere as you say, who told you the results, if it was you're Dr he should know to give you other blood tests for arthritis etc, I have R? Arthritis and my CPR and ESR blood levels were extremely high so I was given meds to bring them down, have a chat with your Doctor or ask to be referred to a rheumatologist, good luck

2 likes

Thanks. What is your esr? How high was your cpr if you don't mind me asking.

1 like

If. Can remember rightly my ESR went up to about 200, and my CRP was 35 it was a few years ago 😟

ESR and CRP are both to test inflammation in the body, if your Dr Thought there was a problem he would have done more blood tests, I'd have a chat with hm if you're unsure what they mean, take care

1 like

ok thanks

1 like

Hope this helps, I've just read this on the net :

What are the main causes of an elevated C-reactive protein (CRP)?

In general, the main causes of increased CRP and other markers of inflammation are a variety of conditions, including

burns,

trauma,

infections, such as pneumonia or tuberculosis,

heart attack,

chronic inflammatory diseases such as lupus, vasculitis, or rheumatoid arthritis,

inflammatory bowel disease, and

certain cancers.

1 like

Yes I looked it up. I just don't know why mine are so high. Thanks

1 like

Have you been tested for lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis? cause from what I've read on here and the net it seems common to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia when it's lupus and vice versa and also possible to have fibromyalgia alongside either or both of those illnesses.

2 likes

No. Im going to talke to my doctor soon.

1 like

Hi

C R P and ESR are markers of inflammation somewhere in the body, as others say could be anything .When you had blood taken did you have a cold ,sore throat, ear infection simple things will cause it to rise. If GP has not raised concerns I would not worry but ask for bloods to be retested in a few weeks to see if it has changed.

Rose

2 likes

He was concerned and other than my aching joint pain he said he didn't know.

Hi

I see in post over the last month or two this has been a recurring problem its time to go back to your GP and ask for something to be done to rectify problem

1 like

Hi Linzyandsamsmom46

I am so genuinely sorry to read that your CRP levels are so high and I sincerely hope that your doctor can ascertain the cause of this. CRP levels are not Fibro related an indicate other things such as Little-e has intimated and listed above. I would talk to your doctor about these and see what they say? I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

You may also like...