Fibromyalgia Action UK
39,715 members51,838 posts

new diagnosis

i want to know if anybody can tell me or advise me on this subject in my medical forms i put that i have difficulty breathing and also extreme pain in and around right lung i also put that this was being investigated and that i was,nt in a position to comment on what it could be as i was,nt medically trained i now know that its cancer i dont feel that the situation has got worse nor do i feel that its a different diagnosis this is causing a bit of a problem as i know i can now claim esa again but by doing so feel it will hamper my appeal against the stoppage of my last claim for esa it seems that the dwp word things very cleverly and people can fall into traps that they obviously set for claimants i would be glad of some feedback and hope that everyone out there are having a good new year thanks

5 Replies

Hi 1117145 I'm afraid our benefits adviser is away at the moment but your best bet is to ring your local CAB Services, they really are the best people to advise you correctly. I wouldn't fill in myself if I was in any doubt what to say. You may get other members who have had similar experiences and will be of help to you but I would ring Citizen Advise Buruex my friend.

I do wish you luck with it and pls let us know how it goes. I bet you will be relieved when it's all done & sent, it's very stressful. Don't rush it though, take your time and some advise.

Peace, luv n light

Jan x


I think I would seek some professional help with this, maybe the CAB or perhaps contact a local disability advocat. There should be one in your local council, just google.

Janet, our fibro benefits lady is away at the moment, but I think back next week.

There is a Benefits and Works site which you could google. They have a lot of useful information but it will cost you a yearly subscription of about £20.

This must be so stressful for you, please take good care of yourself.



I know it's best to use medical terms where you can. Perhaps a visit to GP to clarify what is actually happening and the correct terminology, the least they can do.

I'm no expert but I thought there was only a single page you have to fill out on the form if you have cancer but that may be the DLA/PiP route.

So sorry for your ill health

Bright Blessings


1 like

Hi 1117145

I really am so truly sorry to read this my friend and our benefits adviser Janet should have been back in the office on the 06/01/2017 so I would personally give her a ring and ask her advice on this issue. I have pasted Janet's contact details below:

Benefits Helpline (033 999 0055)

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck my friend and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you



I can see your dilemma and like the others here ivwouldnt want to give you the wrong advice and think you should speak to a benefits advisor before changing or adding anything, but obviously this must be taken into account with your claim. Blessings.


You may also like...