Feeling very frustrated 😞

Hello,

I still new at this being I haven't been on in while trying to find out what can I do to hurry and get better so I can return to work and so far I haven't been successful with this illness. I was hoping for a speedy recovery from this and realized that it going to take some time with trying to go on natural. I feel like I haven't made any progress in getting off the pain medication because of the fibro.

I think I am going to have to leave my job all together, right now I am on short term disability and I gotten worse with the swelling it takes me so long to do anything and it's just so frustrating because sometimes I feel so helpless all I can do is just lay down. It takes so much energy out of me to just take a shower. I had my hopes in going back to work😞

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello Jellio- Caz sometimes known as Nurse Gladys Emanuel (open all hours) I too went thru this dilemma last years, I had been off for 4 months in the Summer 2015 and went back to work in Sept, I was only back a month and off again exhausted! Prior to having so much fatigue and pain I had been having steroid injections (kenalog) into the big muscle in my bum which provided heaps of energy, pain relief and restful sleep, but I had a bone Dexa scan only to find this was reducing my bone density to being osteopaenic, and so the sessions were stopped, I went down hill very fast! I am 62 today and I have taken early retirement, I don't know how old you are and if you could try his route or even if you want to BUT you have to decide if your body can hold our working-maybe reduce your hours and claim ESA, whatever you decide you will need letters from G.P consultants, and any physio you have had... I wonder also have you tried Hydrotherapy?? a wonderful aquatic physio to help with sore muscles and toning them up.

• Hi Ciz,

I am 49 years younger and I am not able to work part time at work due to there isn't a position available my job is full time I am the resceptioist at a national upscale furniture store that I worked for the past six years and I couldn't do the simplest little tasks with this illness, I had so many problems after I had a blood transfusion from the medicine I was taking Motrin 800 to help with the pain and inflammation for about 3 years and had to stop because of the transfusion. It's been downhill after that I started taking 2 nerve medicine along with pain medication than I started with swelling throughout my whole body, my feet and legs hurt so much couldn't walk sometimes my arms and risk started getting so weak I can't hold anything hardly and had to start with pain cream and risk brace with compression gloves for my hands to keep them warm and not stiffing. I can go on and on. I thought if I got off the chemical medication and started all natural healing I can hurry and get better to go back to work soon and now coming to grips that it's going take a long time for recovery.

my job isn't going to wait for me to get better like that it's not fair to keep waiting when or if I able to work because I don't know what going to happen with my body from day to day, time is running out. My pain management doctor advised me to try what you mention and I think I going to have do it along with the acupuncture and vitamins and other things which is going to take time and money.

Thank you for your advice and I will look into it.

• Hi hun- going further a blood transfusion leaves you exhausted and you need time to recover, as blood is pushed around your body it makes it work overtime and so fatigue can come after. I have arthralgia in my hands and I have fingerless glove supports and splints// Your job- well that's a hard occupation for someone like us.. you really need something more user friendly, you seems to be able to use a keyboard well- maybe when you get more energy you could do a sit down job for a couple of hours a day? I worked in a bank at night time 14 years ago (as well as my day job) when I was having steroid injections, it was a fone in and keyboard job which was very interesting and rewarding,I wsn,t hammering the keyboard constantly and so I didn,t find it taxing- as a Nurse totally different from what I was ever used to. I too have had acupuncture to my coccyx and I have hydrotherapy weekly via the NHS, you need to ask your g.p to forward you for some therapies or maybe ask your pain team if they can offer hydro..

• Hi Caz, I've never heard of acupuncture to the coccyx - could you please explain the aim and benefits of this treatment? I have a wonderful acupuncturist here but I've never discussed the FM with him - I guess cos I've only really come to terms with it myself over the last few weeks and Really started investigating how I can help myself hold down my job. Single mum with a mortgage and our disability benefit is below basic living costs. Thanks 😊

• Hi jellio114

Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I have pasted you a link below to our mother site, FMA UK which hosts loads of useful Fibro information:

fmauk.org/

I am so genuinely sorry to read that you are suffering and struggling with your Fibro and I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck. I am afraid I cannot answer your question as it is not that easy with Fibro to find an answer? Please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Thank you and I will still pushing forward.

You may also like...