Pain management

Hi all how is every1? Well I went to pain management today the session lasted 3 hours an I've got 4 mre sessions to go. I learnt nothing as wot was told today I already new. But I did get a fold with lots of exercise sheets in which I've already dun half at Physio which just made me worse an the other half I cnt do. All I got was a numb bum an pins an needles an felt shattered afta it 😕

6 Replies

• Hi GothBird

I am so genuinely sorry to read that Pain Management wasn't right for you today. I sincerely hope that the other sessions prove to be more fruitful for you. 3 hours does seem like a long time for a session? And sitting that long is enough to cause more pain. I want to genuinely and sincerely wish you all the best of luck.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• Its difficult for the people from Pain Management to get it right foreveryone each week. Some people there might have learnt a lot with that session. Did you get a chance to chat to other people and swop tips and ideas. I found that useful to reduce my senses of isolation.

Its a pity you feel so negativly about it as there courses can make a lot of difference to how people approach their pain.

I hope next session is better for you. And do get up and move around. I lay on the floor for some parts of the sessions.

• No as the people there r all me me me people dnt want no about wot wrong just talk about themselves

• I am sory to hear that GothBird. Exercise takes time and needs to be built up slowly but it is not easy and I shy away from it still after eleven years of fibromyalgia. A little plea though. PLEASE can members not use text speak in their posts! It just ruins our beautiful language and is hard to read for many of us.

• Absolutely agree about using text abbreviations. It does make it so hard to read and try to work out what it means. Just a little extra time in typing can make such a difference especially to those like me who don't generally read messages like that.

• hi, sorry for late reply.

i found the 3 week course absolutely pointless as the group was for people with all types of pain. I was the only one with fibro and ME. Most people were there as they had a accident /injury and were having problems healing. As you it was things i and the group already knew and i think we were all restless by the end of the first week.

I had to beg......and i mean beg my manager to let me go on this course. He was so difficult it about it. The course was for 3 weeks, 4 days a week from 9-4 on the fifth day i had to go into work it was exhausting. especially as the horrid plastic chairs they make you sit on were hard and uncomfortable. a woman i made friends with met me a 7am as the course was so far away.

Sorry I'm moaning but i would never recommend this course to anyone it was a complete waste of time and designed with no thought to the actual user group needs.

You may also like...