Ménière's Fibromyalgia & Ehlers Danlos Stndrome

Why oh why does this Ménière's have to be constantly at you side? Having experienced all the worst lows over nine years ago & then having a spell of better days - I now have tinnitus 24/7 70% hearing loss in the affected ear. But now a new strand has appeared - vertigo just going for a walk! Struggle with walking & keeping tabs on my dog & so clumsy!! Is there anyone else experiencing this?

9 Replies

• It must be terrible for you I have the tinnitus and occasionally vertigo if I get up too quickly but fortunately I haven't been struck down. With it happening when walking u less I am trying g to push myself too fast. I do hope this is just a temporary thing for you and you can get some help for this.x

• The tablets used for travel sickness ease the vertigo for me discussing the symptoms with your doctor hopefully there is something as effective for you.

• I am so genuinely sorry to read that you are experiencing this horrid issue, and I sincerely hope that you can find some resolution to this. It is not something that I suffer with as I only get a slight whistling sensation in my ears from time to time and nothing more.

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck with this problem.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• Avomine are good for occasionally vertigo and sickness but Stemetil are the prescribed medication x

• Yes I do use these & they help but make me feel sleepy thanks for that :-))

• I have it started 7years ago get bad vertigo too I have to do things very slow not too bad if I walk in a straight line but it hell in a supermarket turning around or looking up so slowly do movements

• Yes I have suffered vertigo as well as being very clumsy I feel a total mess I'm only 51 but I feel 81. The hardest part is explaining to everyone around me as they are oblivious to what I'm experiencing and I feel there's no hope things can only get worse. Sorry for being to low I'm having a bad flare up that doesn't appear to be easing in any way. Wishing you better health in the new year

• So sorry to hear that - rest and slowly and you should improve, try to relax too I know it works for me - take care.

• Sorry to hear you have this prob. Yes I do get tinnitus & occasionally vertigo which tends to come and go. At 1 time about a year ago I was getting dizzy while actually sitting down which was a bit scarey.

I tend to feel a little bit deaf at night after taking medication. So think this probably has something to do with it.

Clumsy is my second name lol, if I drop something once, I drop it 2 or sometimes 3 times and it makes me so angry sometimes because I'm normally in pain and difficult to pick it up which in turn makes more pain. It's a vicious circle.

So bless you Castlepoint your not alone.

You may also like...