Update on PIP!!

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would send u all a message and to let u no I have been awarded PIP!!

When I got the brown envelop I was really reluctant to open it but I did in the end. I now will start to receive Standard rate Care and Enhanced rate Mobility. So I am really over the moon with that.

The letter said I will have my last payment of DLA at the end of July but I was only paid that on Tuesday. So I'm not sure how it works. I'm also curious how much money I'll be back dated?

I used to get £174.40 every 4 weeks now I will be getting £450.20 every 4 weeks. So that's like £275.80 more in my pocket. Plus I have a letter in my flat about receiving Severe Disablement Allowance, but I dunno what it is?? Does anyone on here no??

Would be grateful if someone could tell me please xx

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Im very happy for you, great news. Do you mean the severe disablement premium? If so, your circumstances play a role in whether it is awarded or not. For example, my daughter gets it, I dont get it because she is a non dependent adult living with me. You would be better getting in touch with your local C.A.B to find out if you meet the criteria for this premium. I hope this helps x

• I can have it as its for people for who are on standard and enhanced rate care. But not sure what it's for. I no you get an extra £80 on ESA xx

• way to go hun

• way to go hun

• I'm chuffed for you that extra money will make such a difference to your life.x

• pleased to hear you have got a good pip award the extra money will make such a difference to you treat yourself a little.x

• Congratulations, I am genuinely and sincerely delighted for you. I want to wish you all the best of luck. The Severe Disablement Allowance benefit was actually replaced by ESA, please see below:

Severe Disablement Allowance GOV.UK:

Severe Disablement Allowance has been replaced with Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) - Jobcentre Plus will re-assess your Severe Disablement Allowance claim to see if you’re capable of work or eligible for ESA.

I have pasted you the link to the GOV.UK cache on this and it is quite informative on what happens next:

GOV.UK Cache:

gov.uk/severe-disablement-a...

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Really happy for you xx

• A happy ending, well done!

• Fantastic news! How wonderful to hear. Bet you've got a great big smile on your face. Congratulations

You may also like...