Has iron helped?

I just wondered if increasing ferritin with iron has helped your symptoms, along side exersise and stretching?

I'm not diagnosed fibro; i was possibly going to be by rheum but I seemed to be getting better as iron was being increased as I had clear restless leg symptoms which did lessen with iron. I've had severe muscle loss too due to complications with thyroxine (long term too little then too much as sertaline complicated it all) so iron could be wavering as I rebuild muscles. My symptims have returned after a couple of weeks better though I'm clearly stronger.

I'm just looking into how much an impact the iron could be.

My basic biology knowledge is imagining that muscle recovery plus heavy periods could be exhausting iron regularly.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi haggisplant

It is not something that I have tried, but I wanted to genuinely and sincerely wish you all the best of luck with this if you decide to give it a go.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Thanks the author. I found one paper linking low but normal ferritin with symptoms and another which didn't.

I may be experiencing issues with too much thyroxine which can cause musxle tightening as well as impact ferritin.

I know that iron issues are linked to muscle issues.

I suppose until I'm certain my thyrixine is right I won't be able to tell.

I just wondered if it was anything anyone here had experienced. I also may have to face that I do actually now have fibro.

• I really want to wish you all the best of luck with finding the answers that you are looking for.

Good luck

Ken

You may also like...