Coupons and coins what's the difference

I went to my local tesco store and went to the express till as I only had a couple of items, scanned them through, put them in the shopping bag. The voice asked me are you paying by cash or credit/debit card, as I only had a couple of items I pressed cash, looked down to see where I need to put my coins started to put them only to notice the balance was not going down. Funny I thought wants going on after looking again I was only putting my coins in "the coupons in" tube. I was totally embarrassed to say the least. Brain Fog it got me this time but it won't again I hope. I quickly gave the rest of the amount owed and got out of the shop as quickly (slowly) as my legs would carry me. Think I will leave it a couple of weeks before I go back in there hopefully they will have forgotten me by then .

11 Replies

• I never use the self service tills anymore, I always messed it up and had to call for assistance, defeated the object really. Lou xx

• they baffle me! and are difficult to access and use on the shop scooters.

• on a lighter note, my friend told me this:-

at many supermarket garages where you can pay by card, you put the card & pin number in, then can push a button to select exactly how much you want to spend e.g. push the £10 button twice.

her sister told hubby "put the card in the slot and tell it how much petrol you want" (having shown him last time)

he put the card & number in and smiled proudly. fixed the nozzle in place. faced the machine and said, clearly, "£20

please." :D :D :D

• Oh dear! That must have been awful for you? I really hate those serve yourself tills, and the supermarkets make huge profits so they should put extra staff on? Bet you won't use them again in a hurry?

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

• Agree used one in a well know newsagent and was rescued by a passerby who's first language was not English, but he did have a great smile and very sexy voice.

• wolf whistle!!

• hehe - too young but nice ;-)

• I dont use them any more, too confoosing.

Besides I can get myself into trouble at a normal checkout.

Hubby dropped me off at Aldi ,then went to walk the dog while I shopped. (I can cope better on my own, he just confooses me.) It was when I came to pay that I found that i had left my purse in my other bag.

I was left standing by the window feeling a right idiot , wishing he would hurry up so that when he had payed i could get out of there. :(

Sue xx

• My Wife put my new socks in the fridge and the sausages in my sock drawer? We are only human and WE all make mistakes.

• You are right we are all humans and we do make mistakes, I take it you have Fibro off cut ? If you have you may not have got to the stage where you forget things once you do you have to learn to see the funny side but a lot of people who are around you don't because they don't know that we suffer from Fibro and brain fog. I have learnt to just laugh it off because if we don't we would cry and I think a lot of us wouldn't stop once we have started xx

• I have multiply conditions and all the trigger points for Fibro and GP's that are still in the 19th Century. I have had short term memory problems since 2008 to the point I thought I was getting dementia :(

You may also like...