Fibromyalgia Action UK
40,290 members52,397 posts

Around the house

Hello all would just like to wish you all well and hope you are are has well and pain free as possible xx. Dose any one know how or where you go to get help with aids items to help around the house can not get to see a doctor has they do not do appointment any more just talk on phone which you have to wait hours and hours for the stress of that makes my nerves so bad just finished the pain clinic course which is where I was hoping that they would be able to help but no, I get money from any where have applied but was refused if I was getting a little money I might have able to buy some thing to help oh how I hate this illness not only do you have to put up with all its symptoms its a nightmare to get doctor to even half believe you let alone refer to any where some can get no money and me for one just get worse every passing year walking is getting harder sorry to go on if any one can point me in a direction to get some help with aids items will be very grateful best wishes to all take care xx

5 Replies

Morning Emmafairy,

Did you enjoy the pain course or if not enjoy did you find some useful info that will help in combatting pain. You could always write the pros up for us I would love to know as all though I have been on the list twice it seems different up here.

Now aids has a occupational therapist done a assesment around your house? No well ask your doctor if he could arrange one. Now you dont get aids free but advise and what and where to go for them is brilliant.

Good luck



Hello Emmafairy,

As Gins mentioned you may need an Occupational Therapy (OT) assessment at home, please see this link for NHS information;

Your local OT is probably based at your nearest hospital

I hope you find the help you need

Emma :)

FibroAction Administrator

1 like

Thank you so much


I go with Mdaisy! I made a self referral to my local OTs and I have been given a wet room with walk in shower, a bed lever, which is amazing, grab rails, cutlery, a kettle tipper, rails up my stairs, a can's really worth a try. XX


Hi Emmafairy

I sincerely hope that you are feeling well today? You can also get a home visit 'Occupational Therapy Assessment' from your local Social Services. You can ring them and explain your situation and hopefully they will come to you.

I was also wondering if you received disability benefits? As you said you didn't get any money from anywhere? So I have also pasted you a link to the GOV.UK website page called How To Claim PIP

GOV.UK How To Claim PIP

I want to wish you all the best of luck with finding the answers that you so desperately desire and deserve.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x


You may also like...