Oops

Well, I am so glad I was sleeping alone on Saturday. As we all know, we are likely to suffer with IBS, I have suffered intermittently with this for many years, and had awful experiences in restaurants and in friends homes, but never in bed at night. I had been reading (or trying to lol) turned off the light and snuggled down to sleep. All of a sudden I felt my bowels opening and OOPS you can guess, no chance of getting to the loo. Now I dont know why but I had got the usual cover over my memory foam topper, but then I had 2 sheets on, why 2 I dont know, but I am so glad I did for it did save my memory topper from getting ruined. Perhaps I ought to put 2 sheets on always now. Cos who knows this might happen again. Anyone had similar experiences?

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Very nearly but not quite - yet!

I used to have chronic squits with IBS, but since I've been taking tramadol, no problems. It's so dam' constipating - I love it! :)

Moffy x

• It's been really bad, yesterday had so many small accidents, think ill need some pads grrr lll

• Hi dixie58,

To put your mind at rest maybe it is worth buying those bed pads with plastic backing & soft material on top. They are can be washed and put in the tumble drier too

I just put it into google and found a link to a shop that does an economy pad for £11.99

If you want I can PM you the link

Emma

• Thanks Emma that may be the way forward, I hate this

Always hard admitting but needs to be done

Had an amazing few days, granddaughters birthday, but really flared up

• Just a thought, Dixie - maybe you should get your GP to have a look at you, because there is such a thing as 'paradoxical diarrhoea', where the bowel has become so impacted with hard stool, that liquid faeces will find its way round and cause sudden incontinence.

What you describe - a series of small 'accidents' - sound suspiciously like impaction, so I would advise that you get checked before condemning yourself to padding!

Poor old you - see your GP as soon as possible, and don't be embarrassed - he'll have seen it all before, and this may be a simple solution!

• This hasn't happened to me in bed but it did happen at work 10 minutes before the wife and sister of a 42 year old man were due to come in and see him in the chapel of rest (I work at a funeral directors) I managed to clean myself up a bit and they were so distressed at their loss that they didn't seem to notice the smell or the fact that I was in tears. It was after this that the doctors finally took some notice of my problems.

The toilet is only about 10 yards away from my desk but I don't always make it, even wet myself a few weeks ago when I could not get there quick enough.

• It's awful when ur out, I had to shower at friends, lucky I was there, when in restaurant I just left alone quick, the smell yuk yuk, windows open all the way home lol

• I have to agree with moffy if it has been happening quite frequently suddenly it would be a good idea to mention it to your GP ... Just to be on the safe side..

VGx

• Okay thanks for ur advice, I do tend to let things ride as I just think it's all part of the fibro and put up with it

You may also like...