Diagnostic laparoscopy: Hi My hycosy... - Fertility Network UK

Fertility Network UK
23,117 members35,090 posts

Diagnostic laparoscopy

Hidden
Hidden

Hi

My hycosy showed a blocked fallopian tube for which I am waiting to have a diagnostic laparoscopy. Has this happened to anyone else?what options were available after?

Thanks in advance

x

17 Replies
oldestnewest

No advice as I have no experience relevant to your post but I do want to wish you well. Hopefully someone will see your post and give some advice to you xx

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Tugsgirl

Thank you for your kind words xx

Hiya, yep this happened to me. They got my tubes flushing during the surgery, Also found endometriosis which was treated at the same time. We opted for ivf because even though my tubes were flushing they were slow. Good luck with the surgery xx

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to penny24

Thank you. How was your recovery? Hows your ivf journey been?xx

Hi

I am going through this at the moment... My hsg showed bilateral blocked tubes. I am waiting for laparoscopy to see if they can fix them. Have you got a date for surgery? X

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to CharlieW1985

Hi

Sorry to hear this. My surgery date is 11th Dec so getting a little twitchy now. Ive been private so far due to not qualifying for nhs funding yet so its taken me 6months to go through the nhs to get a surgery date 😞. Have you got a date? X

CharlieW1985
CharlieW1985
in reply to Hidden

Hiya, I'm guessing it will be around end of Jan as I got referred in Sept so they have an 18 week pathway. I just hope they can fix it as I'm worrying about being able to afford it privately. Do they know what's caused you're tubes to be blocked? X

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to CharlieW1985

Hey.have you chased up a date?I rang the consultants secretary and also the op listing contact number and explained I was waiting the op to then proceed with fertility treatment as they should try to expedite infertility patients. We ve paid privately for 3 yrs and its been hard. We re hoping to qualify for funding after my op fingers crossed. The consultant doesnt know why one is blocked and said hell know more after the op. But he said sometimes it just happens or can be infections or scar tissue. He doesnt try to unblock them, he just assesses whether its safe to leave in or whether it needs removing and then suggests ivf as you dont need fallopian tubes for ivf. But if you have two blocked fallopian tubes then you should qualify for funding I would have thought? Have you looked at your CCG guidelines for who qualifies?x

CharlieW1985
CharlieW1985
in reply to Hidden

I haven't hassled for a date but do you think I should? We don't qualify for any NHS treatment as my husband has 2 children so any treatment will have to be funded. My consultant has said she will do everything she can to help and unblock them. How long after phoning for date, did you get it? X

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to CharlieW1985

Its up to you. I got fed up of waiting. I initially got told 23 nov and then it got changed to 21 dec so I rang again and it was 11 dec. Ah ok thats a rollercoaster in itself knowing ypu wont get funding. Have you looked into the funding options they do where you get a refund if your unsuccessful?x

CharlieW1985
CharlieW1985
in reply to Hidden

Who'd you recommend calling first and how long would you wait before calling?

Looked into it privately and its between £6,000 and £11,000 depending on what you want. Egg donation is a likely option to reduce costing xx

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to CharlieW1985

Id ring the secretary and just say your chasing it up for an idea of a date so you can plan and emotionally prepare yourself.

Yes our ivf was £5,500 and that wasnt icsi. Egg sharing takes it to about £3000 I believe. Access fertility have payment plans you can look at.

X

CharlieW1985
CharlieW1985
in reply to Hidden

OK will give the secretary a call and see what she says. Will look into access fertility as well in case the laparoscopy doesn't work. So egg donation brings it down quite a bit then, also something I would consider to reduce the pricing. Is there any other places you'd recommend we look at for treatment?

Hi, I haven’t had this particular experience. Hoping that you don’t have too long to wait for your laparoscopy. Best of luck to you xx

Hello Elma, my both tubes are blocked. My doctors advised me IVF rather than laparoscopy surgery. Everything is scheduled for you then go ahead with it & if it is success then stick to it. But do ask ur doctor questions about what next ? How long you keep on trying naturally after surgery ? Or there any other medication you need along or some tests later? Or massage therapy ? When I was in dilemma of laparoscopy or IVF, I chose IVF. Talk to doctors again if you can and weigh all options possible after surgery. Might this works for you. Good luck for surgery.

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to NehaR86

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I have one tube that they think might be blocked. They arent going to try and unblock it. Consultant said that if the tube is dilated (wider than it should be) then hell take it out but if its not dilated then hell leave it be. I would then go for IVF. So its kind of frustrating that ive waited so long and they might not actually do anything at all. I cant try naturally as im married to a women. Shes already had 5 failed iui and 1 failed ivf. So im now stepping up to the plate.

Elma

NehaR86
NehaR86
in reply to Hidden

Hello Elma, I got you now and I am with you now. I can understand what you going through. Tubes are blocked then option is IVF., as said by my doctor unless you are ready for laparoscopy and wait which were kind we were put off instantly. Me too doing everything privately. We took long time to decide for IVF because choice was to go for our first house and then don’t know when we can afford IVF. Drop house plan lets try for kid at least I got good age bracket. Downpayment amount is there in bank, lets break it and pay IVF. We opt for Access Fertlity IVF plans. I am on two IVF cycle plan. We got to take tough decisions and go with them. Outcome is not in our hands. But at least I tried whatever I can and there should not be any regrets when I will look back. Go with your plan and look how much you can manage financially and emotionally. We can give best try and rest we should leave it to Mother Nature.

You may also like...