Hi ladies! I just had my egg collection on Monday and sine then been having the progesterone pessaries (joy!) but I’m so bloated and uncomfortable! Anyone else experiencing this? Any tips on making the bloat subside or is this another joy of IVF?!
Any tips on relieving bloat?! - Fertility Network UK
My clinic said sometimes if you have some salty food it can help draw the water back to your blood so it can be passed naturally. They said to me to try drinking tomato juice on top of the recommended 2l water a day. Others have said coconut water can sometimes help too, though I'm in the same boat as you and just trying it now, so I can't say how effective it is!
Hope you're feeling better soon xxxx
This bit is so uncomfortable... it does pass eventually, I promise! In the meantime these are the things I found helped:
- Fybogel sachets (dissolve in water)
- Rennie Deflatine Tablets
- Lots of water
- Reduce salt intake
- Eat a fibre diet (a nice breakfast of porridge, almond milk and dates. Incorporate whole grains etc)
- Cut down on cruciferous foods (cabbage, beans, broccoli, cauliflower) - these are hard for the body to break down, so restrict to half a cup per meal.
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Reduce diary intake (can cause gas)
- Try to eat small, regular meals (6 smaller meals per day, rather than 3 bigger meals)
- Sit down, eat slowly & take care to properly chew your food
The progesterone doesn’t help, but for me most of the bloating was a result of the egg collection. So it just took a little time for everything to settle down.
I hope you feel more comfortable soon! Xx