Meeting with the consultant after BFN
Hey everyone, any questions I should be asking the consultant today? My minds blank and all I feel is anger which won’t be helpful 🙄
So sorry for what you're going through. I would ask what they think went wrong and what if any changes they could make to protocol next time and the possibility of maybe having 2 embies put back next time xx
Sorry to hear of your BFN truly awful. I think the advice is good- Diane has a long list of questions she could email you. All the best with your appointment hope it goes well & you come out feeling more positive xoxo
Thanks honey xxx
Oh no. Definitely write a list, it will be harder to think clearly when you’re in there.
These are the kind of things I would ask:
- Can you tell me the most likely reason the embryo didn’t implant?
- Are there any further tests which would help with diagnosis?
- How soon can we start again with the next transfer?
- Is there anything we can be doing in the meantime to improve our chances?
- How likely is the next transfer to succeed?
- Will you do anything differently next time around (any adjustment to the drug protocol)?
- Will my age be a factor if I wait longer to do the next transfer?
- Can you provide me with details of counselling services I can access?
- In your experience is there a cut-off after which attempting IVF with donor eggs is no longer viable?
- How long will our embryos be kept in storage?
I also have the list of questions from Diane - if you PM me with your email address I can forward this to you.
Stay strong lovely, you can do this xx
Oh my god thank you so much!!! Just messaging you now thanks you 🙏🏻
Sorry for hijacking - just got my bfn yesterday too. This is so useful x
I’m so sorry I know exactly how u feel 😔
It's devastating isn't it. I don't think I have felt as bad in my entire life. What was your journey like? And what are your next steps? X
Hi Myhope. I see someone has offered to send you my list of questions. i do have a list suitable for the embryologist too if you want that. My emails are confidential. email@example.com if you want them.. Good luck when you go for the follow up appointment. Diane
Thank you so much Diane, it was a good meeting, our options are clear thank you XX
Ladies This probably seems a very random question to ask!! But tomorrow is going to be my first day...
but that little line didn't appear! I now just feel like I'm floating and just don't no what to do with...
So had my meeting with the NHS consultant yesterday following my lap & dye at the beginning of Nov (the...
Start a Community