Fertility Network UK
13,102 members21,188 posts

Pain after egg collection

Hi, I had egg collection yesterday and I am still in a lot of pain, it hurts to walk and to sit. It’s our second cycle and I don’t remember being this sore last time. We only had two eggs collected so it’s not even as if I had loads of follicles. I did call the clinic and they said to call again tomo if it’s no better. I’m now a little concerned why it’s so sore. Anyway else had a lot of pain after egg collection? Xx

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey, I had severe pain after my 2nd egg collection nothing like my first - I spoke to my clinic and it turned out I had an infection. If your not feeling better tomorrow id definitely ring them again and maybe ask if you could go in so they could check you over xx

1 like

Thank you. I will call them again tomo but hope it’s feeling better. Just worry about complications for egg transfer. Xx

I was exactly the same but I was able to go ahead with a day 5 transfer. Fingers crossed your feeling better soon x

1 like

Thanks. That’s good to hear. Hope your well x

I was in a lot of pain after my last egg collection it took about 4 days before I could walk properly! Hope you feel better soon xxx

1 like

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully it’s nothing to worry about then. Xx

I was exactly the same. Just try and rest as much as possible, drinks lots and take paracetamol. It will pass. C

1 like

Thank you for your advice x

Sorry you're feeling so poorly! I actually wrote an article all about egg collection ("Egg collection: all your questions answered"). It contains lots of practical information and advice, as well as a number of firsthand experiences from fellow members of HealthUnlocked.

You can check it out here: theduff.co.uk/egg-collectio...

1 like

Hey, great thank you. Look forward to reading it shortly. X

1 like

You may also like...