Egg collection: Hi everyone, I’ve been... - Fertility Network UK

Fertility Network UK
24,870 members36,776 posts

Egg collection

Char91
Char91

Hi everyone, I’ve been reading a lot of posts recently but never actually posted. Now I’m stressing so thought is I would get people’s views

I had my egg collection yesterday , had 10 follicles but only 6 eggs. Got a call this morning to say only 3 fertilised and they have scheduled me for a day 5 transfer. Now I’m worried as it’s such a small number I won’t have any that reach day 5! I know it’s out of my hands but it is sooo worrying to think I might not even get to transfer. Has anyone else been in the same position and got to day 5?

Thanks x

10 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Please don’t worry! You’ll be absolutely fine. I’m pregnant after only 3 fertilised, all made it to day 5 , 2 were put back and one baby boy on board 🙏🏼. Good luck!! Xxx

Char91
Char91
in reply to Hidden

Wow congratulations... I think my clinic only do day 5 transfer as that’s all they offered me so made me panic abit but thank you for replying, I just need to stay positive 🤞🏻xx

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Char91

5 day embryos are stronger and become blastocysts at this point with a stronger likelihood of implanting! Fingers crossed for you xxx

The 3 that fertilised are clearly warriors, so hopefully they will soldier on to day 5! & just remember, it only takes one! 🤞🏼 xx

Char91
Char91
in reply to DisneyJL

Thank you ... I have everything crossed 😨🤞🏻🤞🏻

Fingers crossed for your embryos! 🤞🏼 try to stay positive, hopefully they’ll all make it to day 5 blastocysts...and remember it only takes 1 😊 sending lots of luck and positive vibes 💕 xx

Char91
Char91
in reply to Caza2009

Thank you.. it’s so hard I’m just living on google at the minute! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hi Char

It’s such a worrying time isn’t it, I can totally understand your concern. I’ve always found the days between collection and transfer the hardest as it’s completely out of your hands and your little fighters are in a lab somewhere that all we can do is will them to carry on growing.

I just wanted to reassure you though that I had 5 eggs collected on my first round, 3 fertilised and all then went on to become blastocysts at day 5. Unfortunately I didn’t get a BFP but they did get that far.

I honestly believe now though that if they have the potential to develop into blasts and maybe our longed for miracles then they will and waiting until day 5 is only a good thing as it allows the embryologists to see the strongest.

It all becomes a numbers game (with very high stakes!) unfortunately and one that no one can predict. I have a friend who had 19 eggs collected with only two left at day 5 which both then implanted and she now has twins, it’s such a rollercoaster!

I have everything crossed for you that every day brings good news and you have a strong blast at day 5, just try and get through a day at a time xx

Char91
Char91
in reply to Franco81

Thank you for replying, I have had no more calls so I’m seeing that as no news is good news ! It’s the most frustrating thing in the world and only people who have gone through it understand so makes it hard talking to people. Thank you for sharing your story xx

I have always had a small number of follicles and eggs with all treatment. I am 19 weeks pregnant from a natural modified IVF cycle where we only had one follicle and therefore one egg. Don't give up. Keep positive.xx

You may also like...