Fertility Network UK
14,287 members23,501 posts

Sick in early pregnancy

Hello ladies. Hope you are all well.

Actually I'm today 8weeks pregnant and got cold for past few days such as Sneezing, fever, feeling cold, sore throat, running nose, bit headache etc..GP recommended paracetamol and was taking around 3 tablets daily of 500mg but my fever isn't going away. It goes and comes back.

I'm little worried about baby if fever can do any harm. Please suggest any remedies or share your experience. Thanks xxx

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi MK05. First of all, your baby will be fine, protected by the placental barrier and chorionic villi. You, my dear need to take 2 paracetamol every 4 - 6 hours, no more than 8 in 24 hours. No anti inflammatories such as ibuprofen. Drink plenty of fluids and keep warm. Try some hot lemon and honey for your throat. Hopefully you will soon feel better. Diane

Sorry to hear you have the cold while pregnant. Not nice company is it? I have had multiple colds during my pregnancy too. (Now 36weeks) Keep taking paracetamol regularly to bring down your fever. Drink plenty too. I made myself lemon and honey drinks. I also made myself drinks using diluting juice and boiling water. Really helped me. Robinson's diluting juice-orange or blackcurrant and apple or lemon really helps. I put my face over bowl of boiling hot water to try and clear my congestion. I also used a menthol rub. Slept with lots of elevated pillows to help me breathe easier. Rest plenty as you will feel extra tired. Hope this helps. Take care and feel better soon. Xo☺😄

You may also like...