Fertility Network UK
13,160 members21,287 posts

Brown spotting...the end?

So I'm 12dp3dt and have had brown spotting on and off since Sunday night. I had terrible pains in my lower abdomen on Sunday afternoon and again last night. It's like a sharp stabbing pain. It's not like my usual period pain but then I've never been on so many drugs before! I usually get spotting before period starts so I know that I'm out. Despite that I keep clinging on hoping for a miracle. Test day is tomorrow with bloods at clinic on Thursday. Anyone else had similar and still had BFP?

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi. I usually get brown spotting before af too. However it doesn't necessarily mean that you're out, it could be implantation spotting. As a general rule brown blood is old blood too. Unless af arrives full flow then please try to keep calm until otd 🤞xx

Thanks for your supportTugsgirl. It's really hard to believe it's anything other than bad news, especially with the pains I've had. I think the only thing keeping full on af at bay for now are the pessaries. Who knows! Roll on tomorrow for test day, can't come quick enough x

1 like

It's really really tough this tww lark. I test Friday. Good luck for you tomorrow 🍀 xx

1 like

Good luck for you on Friday! Hope you get a positive result xxx

1 like

Good luck Friday xx

1 like

I had exactly the same the day before my test date and predictably freaked out. The next day...BFP! Stay strong and good luck!xx

1 like

Thanks louisear. That is amazing to hear! I really hope I have the same experience as you x

1 like

Had all of the symptoms you described and am now on 9 weeks pregnant. Even last weekend I had brown and red discharge... he/ she is still there! 👍

1 like

Congratulations Kattalex1! That's great news. I think it's all over but one more sleep til I find out for sure x

So tested and it was BFN. Knew it was coming. Ding ding, on to round two!

Sorry 😞 xx

1 like

You may also like...