Fertility Network UK
12,764 members20,677 posts

12dp2dt - Dark brown spotting

So I'm 12dp2dt and I had a little brown spotting last night (hardly anything) - so I tested this morning as I assumed my period was coming. The test (clear blue) was negative but today the spotting has got a lot worse. A little bit goes on a panty liner but it's mainly when I wipe and it's VERY brown. Has anyone had this and still got BFN? It's getting my hopes up a little as I've never had this before but was wondering if it could be my body flushing out blood that was produced during EC before I start my period as it seems too late to be implantation bleeding...?? Xx

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi baby d, is it your test date tomorrow? Hopefully this is old blood and not a period coming along. Xxxx

1 like

OTD isn't until Friday, 16dp2dt - which seems really late to me so I think I'm out unless a late implantation has occurred but the chances of that are pretty low from what I've read xx

I'm crossing everything that it's implantation bleeding. It definitely sounds like old blood at any rate. Is it kind of a thin mucus like consistency? I had that last time I had a BFP - hope that's true for you too sweetie x

1 like

It's like spotting before a period so yeh it is 'stringy' - it just seems too late to be implantation unless we have a very slow grower!!!! Xx

With my first son I couldn't understand date on dating scan and it turns out we didn't implant until day 9 -you can have later ones x

1 like

When did you get a positive? X

It was late I was 5 weeks 4 days xx

You may also like...