I was hoping for some advice and thoughts on this dilemma I have.
We have been TTC for 2 yrs, had 1 private and 1 NHS IVF cycle but unsuccessful ☹️ the last one ended about 3 weeks ago and we have to wait 2 months for an NHS appointment to then go back into the queue ! I'm so tried and drained and need a break - we are moving house and it's a bit of a project! So we thought a few months break would do us good before seeking A private cycle.
The dilemma is I have been offered to go to Brazil with work all expenses paid in September 2017 it's something I knew was coming for a few years but didn't think I'd get the chance. I really want to go but obviously Zika is on my mind. The current guidance is not to TTC for 8 weeks after my return putting us at the beginning of November 2017 to start again.
I'm not sure if I'm being selfish and putting myself first or should I have a shorter break and not go to Brazil and just start in September/October? I know I'm not getting any younger!
I'm 38 in august and our problems are male low sperm count and low AMH (4.3) and a reserve of 8 (AFC)
I have to decide today as I need to let my boss know on Monday for the bookings - I should have asked my consultant but it's too late!
(It's all a bit last minute I know)
Thanks in advance for your help and good luck to all xx😘