Does anyone have any advice?

Hi all,

I was put on Provera to start off my first ivf cycle, I took this for 10 days. Finished this on Wednesday last week. I presumed (not been explained!!) that this was to make me have a bleed before my scan which is booked in for this Wednesday.

Of course, this hasn't happened as yet.

Anyone know what happens in this case? What if I don't bleed before my scan? Does this matter? Any idea of the next steps?

Thanks!

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi Jade. I wasn't on the same medication as you. I was on buserilin. However, I was told that you could not have the scan until your period had started. It didn't matter if you were still having a period, but it had to have started. Maybe phone your clinic tomorrow or Tuesday? x

• I took provera to induce a bleed before my last cycle - I was on a short cycle. How long were you on it? x

• Thanks! I'll give the clinice a call tomorrow and see what they say.

I started taking it on the 10th as instructed and finished on the 20th. Baseline scan pre-booked in for the 26th xx

• It does seem odd you haven't had a period. Provera is usually so powerful at that! ๐Ÿ˜•

Good idea to call them. They might just move you on a bit. x

• That's just bloody typical of my body! Stubborn ๐Ÿ˜ค Still 3 more days to go so hopefully it will come along and play nicely now.

Never actually wanted to have a period until now! And typically it's not happening! ๐Ÿ˜

Will call the clinic tomorrow see what they suggest.

Thankyou xx

• Hi I was on provera also and hadn't seen a bleed so on the day of my scan I told the scanner and then nurse and she said my treatment dates all have to be put back until the bleed but a couple of hours later it arrived! The body can move in mysterious ways I hope it arrives soon for you x

• Think it can take 3-5 days for period to start after stopping provera but it can take a little longer so hopefully something will happen today/tomorrow - mine took 7 days to arrive after 10 days of provera so dates just got adjusted slightly - hope it arrives soon and wishing you all the best over the next few weeks x

You may also like...