Well after waiting from October to start ivf round 2 in January we had a few pitfalls...
First, my partner was a post Christmas 5lb over the BMI so had to lose it in 5 days or they wouldn't sign us up - the truly marvellous man worked hard, came under target on time and we were back on track...
Then on Tuesday 11th, as I'd been feeling ill for a few days I visited the doctor, mainly to address whatever it was prior to starting round 2 ivf on Monday 16th.
The doctor told me I have accute tonsilitus, she was signing me off work for 10 days, I wasn't to go out as exposure to lower temperatures could damage me bronchially, I am to have complete bed rest, no activity and if I get worse I will be admitted to hospital and put on an IV drip.
With that, I burst into tears and said "but I have IVF on Monday!" The Doc said, "I'm afraid you're too ill" and the IVF clinic then echoed this - they've postponed treatment til next month.
The Doc gave me a bunch of meds and told me to try and drink Lucozade as I can't get any food down.
I am gutted ivf is postponed, but I guess it's sensible to wait in order to give a baby a healthy chance and as I can't swallow, eat or sleep properly, now isn't the time.
Shame is, since October I've been taking a bunch of horse tablet sized supplements and dhea in prep for ivf. The dhea I'm only supposed to safely take for 3 months so were my efforts in vain... can I continue taking them when I can swallow again?
And also I've been eating well and avoiding sugar and fizzy drinks as it's supposed to be bad for fertility... now the doc has put me on Lucozade and it's all I can get down but I guess needs must at this time and I can get back on being nutritionally healthy soon.
Anyway, sorry ladies, grizzle over! Lol.
I'll be playing catch up on the "sharing ivf journeys" thing from my last post but I will watch your stories with interest while I eagerly anticipate joining you in early Feb.
I hope you're all doing well.